This role exists to lead the Electromechanical Engineering department, comprising highly-trained electromechanical, mechanical and electrical engineers as well as specialists in associated technical domains. The department is responsible for managing and implementing applicable processes and applying knowhow to ensure that Electrical Machine (Generator and Motor) design concepts adequately consider customer requirements including performance, environmental, serviceability and commercial.
- Accountable for the continued competitiveness of SE&P products by achieving excellent technical performance of all Machines products through challenging, advising and vetting engineering solutions
- Accountable for ensuring the design of new and existing electrical machines are fit for purpose and aligned with performance objectives
- Accountable for ensuring all electromechanical engineering activities are completed to support project timescales and budget commitments.
- Accountable for relevant ‘Milestone' deliverables and ensuring they are identified, declared, validated and monitored in order to achieve current milestone compliance target.
- Accountable for ensuring that projects are provided with adequate resource according to their needs
- Accountable for developing and maintaining the Knowledge Base and Skills Base of the department.
- Accountable for ensuring the continuous improvement of the Technical Referential documentation and its use by the team.
- Electromechanical Engineering documentation is reviewed and approved according to required timescale
- PIP project design reviews are supported as required.
- New Tools requirements are identified and introduced as required
- Degree or equivalent qualification in an appropriate Engineering discipline.
- Should have a working knowledge of engineering analysis methods and/or tools and best practice in their use
- Extensive experience of concept design and development of rotating machines. Ideally either in electrical generation or electric motors
- Proven leadership and people management skills with a proactive and energetic style and ability to facilitate the training and personal development of direct reports
- Ability to effectively allocate and manage engineering resources and meet the resource and management challenges of an increasing workload under controlled headcount and budget conditions
- Must be able to effectively communicate, formally and informally with peer group, other team members, suppliers, customers and outsourced providers or sub-contract agencies
- Ability to gain credibility within the stakeholder audience, including peers, management and customers, produce and deliver presentations to employees at any level and customers
- Ability to analyse and resolve complex problems by devising creative and effective solutions.
- Competent in using Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project tools
- Ability to generate performance metrics to measure the quality and delivery performance of the Engineering team, and use this performance information to further improve the performance of the team.
Specificity of the job
Locate your future workplace
Pitstone Business Park Westfield Rd, LU7 9GT
England United Kingdom
- Maps are available under the Open Database Licence.
- © OpenStreetMap contributors.
- © Cyril Abad / CAPA Pictures / Safran