SAFRAN LANDING SYSTEMS IS THE WORLD LEADER IN AIRCRAFT LANDING AND BRAKING SYSTEMS.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems. Our capabilities encompass the full life cycle of our products, ranging from design and manufacture to in-service support, repair and overhaul.
We are a partner to 30 leading commercial, military, business and regional airframers, and support over 27,000 aircraft making more than 60,000 landings every day. There are also more than 7,600 employees working in locations across Europe, North America and Asia.
Applications are now invited for a position within our Systems Integration & Test Engineering Team. This position is predominantly a hands on role and would suit someone with an engineering apprenticeship background with an interest in hydro-mechanical and electrical engineering (e.g. Mechatronics). A person with a background in the Aerospace, or related, industry and able to demonstrate competency of working with complex mechanical assemblies is extremely desirable.
As a member of the Test Engineering team based in the UK your primary function is to perform qualification & development testing of landing gears and associated equipment to meet customer requirements. Reporting to a Test Engineering Group Leader you will possess a high level of mechanical aptitude and technical ability within a hydro-mechanical test environment.
Some work involves electrical cabling routing and wiring, as part of the selection process a medical assessment will be required including for colour blindness.
• Ensure compliance with the health, safety & environmental standards
• Preparation & Execution of tests under the direction of a designated Test Engineer:
o Assembly/disassembly of the test rig(s) and test article(s) to engineering drawings
o Configure the systems (Hydraulics, Servo-valves, Moog FCS control, HBM data acquisition, Instron Controllers) and instrumented specimens
o Install the instrumentation with the necessary cabling and monitoring systems
o Connect instrumentation on test platforms and perform calibrations
o Conduct tests and capture all events identified during test campaigns
o Monitor tests and ensure the specified measurements are acquired
o Carry out first-level maintenance of test facilities (inspection & greasing)
o Produce test reports and summary documents
• Contribution to a continuous improvement culture
• Health, safety, environment (HSE) practices
• Knowledge of the basics of hydraulic systems, mechanics and electrical installations
• Ability to understand technical documents
• Manual handling, lifting & slinging (use of lifting equipment advantageous)
• Assembly and dismantling of equipment
• Physical measurements, instrumentation & calibration techniques
• IT literate with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Teams, OneNote, SharePoint)
• Other skills that would advantageous
o Knowledge of test platforms (particularly systems, strength, fatigue, endurance & environmental testing)
o Quality and Lean tools (FMECA, diagnostics, Lean Sigma toolbox, etc.)
o Perform the various stages of the instrumentation process (definition, installation, cabling, monitoring and acquisition)
o Programming of control and/or acquisition systems
• Self-motivated & diligent
• Responsive attitude and forward thinking
• Analytical/methodical thinking
• Communication & Interpersonal skills
Join our Team
Our employees are at the heart of our success; we offer a range of competitive benefits, hybrid working, Global career opportunities and Training and Development at our dedicated Safran University to help contribute to a safer and more sustainable aviation.
As a forward-looking company, Safran Landing Systems massively invests in Research & Development. Carbon brakes, titanium parts, composite materials, additive manufacturing, more electric systems, new surface treatments, external and internal partnerships and digital transformation are all the result of this permanent innovation effort, which enables the company to develop new products that are ever more cost-efficient, better for the environment, lighter, stronger and quieter.
At Safran Landing Systems, we pride ourselves on competitive flexible benefits that support our employees work/life balance enabling each person to contribute to the best of their ability.
• Hybrid Working and Flexible Working Scheme to attract and retain skilled employees that allows for the work/life balance you need
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays
• ‘On Board Benefits' Programme, providing a number of schemes such as cycle to work, technology savings, retail discounts, access to healthcare, house moving day, sports and social club
• Shares and profit share bonus scheme
• Development and Training at Safran University as well as Company Sponsorship
• STEM engagement with schools, colleges and universities and Charitable activities for all
• Free parking onsite
• With a focus on employee health and wellbeing, we have events running throughout the year as well as an onsite large, subsidised canteen/break area with indoor seating, bicycle storage and shower/changing facilities.
‘Offers of employment will be subject to a relevant level of company security vetting, which may include a criminal record check'
Specificity of the job
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 76,800 employees and sales of 15,3 billion euros in 2021 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and innovation roadmap.
Safran was ranked as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes magazine in 2021.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems. The company has partnerships with 20 airframers in civil, regional, commercial and military transport, and supports 27,000 aircraft.
- © Safran