Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems and is at the forefront of contributing to safer, more sustainable aviation for current and future generations. We design, test, manufacture and assemble landing gear used on commercial aircraft including Airbus and Boeing, and UK military aircraft such as the Eurofighter Typhoon. Gloucester is home to the UK division and has been a leader of cutting edge of landing gear technology for over 90 years, since the innovative designs of Sir George Dowty. YOU can be a part of our legacy …
The Technical Data Controller (TDC) will be the primary point of contact for the aircraft manufacturers, MRO's (Maintenance Repair Organisations) and internal SLS program management.
You will organise reviews with the aircraft manufacturers and applicable suppliers as required throughout the program activity and ensure CMMs (Component Maintenance Manuals) and VSBs (Vendor Service Bulletins) are reflecting the latest standards and delivered on time.
• This will support MROs for SLS components through Off Wing Repairs and Modifications.
• Airframers will be able to reflect their AMMs (Aircraft Maintenance Manuals) for in service programs and prepare EIS (Entry Into Service) for new programs.
You will be required to lead and support with internal functions (PSE (Product Support Engineering), ILS (Integrated Logistics Support), Engineering, Programs and CAW (Continued Airworthiness))
• Coordinate contributors from all sites working on the aircraft programme – Mainly Gloucester, UK / Paris, France.
• Monitor the quality of deliverables; ensure that edit checks, validations have been conducted and provided on time.
What will we give you?
Hybrid/Flexible working hours with an early finish on a Friday (4.5 day working week)
25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays, plus the option to buy/sell annual leave
Annual bonus & Share scheme options
Pension scheme (up to 8% match) and life assurance (4x salary)
Onsite parking, including EV chargers, subsidised restaurant, bicycle storage and shower/changing facilities
Our Benefits Portal offers a number of schemes including: cycle to work, technology & retail savings, access to healthcare & wellbeing services, discounted gym memberships and more!
Global and local career progression opportunities and training & development programmes
STEM engagement with schools, colleges and universities and Charitable activities for all
Social events throughout the year, and access to Dowty Sports and Social clubs
Safran was ranked globally as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes magazine in 2021.
Our employees are at the heart of our success and we work together towards Four People Fundamentals that underpin life at Safran:
We believe in and promote diversity and inclusion as key values across our business
We develop our colleagues skills and build opportunities so you can shape our future
We create a trustworthy work place to support you, as you dare to act and innovate
We encourage collaboration and mutual support for you and your colleagues
What do you need from me?
The following are skills and requirements desired, however training will be provided to the successful candidate.
• Good knowledge of aircraft component and systems operations.
• Experience within Engineering, Production, Assembly, MRO or Airframers / Airlines.
• Awareness & the ability to create / modify Technical Data, especially CMMs and VSBs.
• Knowledge of ATA (Air Transport Association) specifications ATA100 & ATA 2200.
• Awareness of S1000D.
• Good use of the English language.
• Computer literacy and be experienced in the use of MS Office products.
• Both team working and the ability to work on your own.
• A proven track record of being able to pay close attention to detail, working in a problem solving capacity and the ability to communicate effectively in a multi-national environment of internal and external customers.
What's my next step?
Please apply by uploading a CV and cover letter, and if your experience matches what we're looking for, one of our recruitment team will give you a call
Diversity & Inclusion
We want Safran Landing Systems to be a workplace where everyone feels valued, can be themselves and know they can reach their full potential. We embrace and celebrate our differences through various initiatives and support colleagues through a number of staff networks.
We're committed to building a strong, diverse workforce and making Safran Landing Systems an inclusive place to work.
‘Offers of employment will be subject to a relevant level of company security vetting, which may include a criminal record check'
Specificity of the job
UK and international travel will be required to Airframers / Suppliers / MROs & internally to SLS sites
Locate your future workplace
Cheltenham Road East GL2 9QH
England United Kingdom