Job profile summary:
Reporting to the Services and Solution manager, the Systems Architect role will work within the IS team to support the implementation of all Local/Global IS projects or new digital initiatives as assigned within the UK and Asia region.
This person will provide support for servers, middleware, with a focus on Linux they will work with other IS groups to industrialize proven technology which includes, building servers, installing applications or provisioning in the cloud to meet the business needs or project specific deliverables. The incumbent will act as the IS technical resource for related projects as assigned by IS Management.
• Support IS Technical Projects
• Work as part of the project team to deliver assigned projects
• Responsible for preparing required technical documentation
• Supporting the preparation of presentations around project proposals & feasibilities and provide IS project status updates to the PMO and IS Management.
• Build Server Infrastructure:
• Creating VMWare servers including build of OS and services for Windows and Linux.
• Installing, configuring, maintaining and monitoring Windows Enterprise servers
• Ensuring compliance to all security regulations or standards during builds
• Building physical rack servers.
• Act as L2 and in some cases L3 support for IS infrastructure/Systems/Platforms
• Diagnosing, troubleshooting, root cause analysis and providing resolution to complex problems of servers, middleware and database systems, recommending improvements to avoid re-occurrence of the same problem.
• Contribute to the maintenance and administration of data centre hardware performing changes, support and decommissioning of local physical and VM servers when requested.
• Support administration of Unix/Linux systems.
• Developing scripts to automate repetitive daily administrations tasks and customized scripts for resolving incidents and problems to prevent recurrence
• Participating in the "On-Call" rotation with other IS personnel.
• Experience and skills in cross-functional project and programme management.
• Rigour and attention to detail.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills with a capability to influence and challenge peers & leadership. Able to engage effectively at all levels within the organisation.
• Resilient and able to manage ambiguity and complexity.
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Experience in various IT/IS disciplines, technologies, and platforms (Infrastructure, databases and mobility).
• Working knowledge of various Windows Server Operating systems
• System administration of Linux, including patching and packaging
• Experience with Monitoring tool solutions
• Technical Writing Skills. (Specifically related to IS projects)
• Ability to concurrently project manage a diverse list of items.
• Able to collect and translate business requirements.
• Flexibility, ability to change focus and adopt to changing corporate priorities.
• Time Management skills.
• ITIL Foundations, Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification or similar.
• Skill in Microsoft Office product suite, including PowerPoint, Excel & Word.
• Knowledge of aerospace business.
• Application of structured transformation / change / project ways of working in fluid / fast changing situations (i.e. not just program managing somewhere that is already very structured).
• Working knowledge of VMWare, NetApp and Citrix
• Knowledge of French Language is a plus
Specificity of the job
Locate your future workplace
Cheltenham Road East GL2 9QH
England United Kingdom