Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems and is at the forefront of contributing to safer, more sustainable aviation for current and future generations. We design, test, manufacture and assemble landing gear used on commercial aircraft including Airbus and Boeing, and UK military aircraft such as the Eurofighter Typhoon. Gloucester is home to the UK division and has been a leader of cutting edge of landing gear technology for over 90 years, since the innovative designs of Sir George Dowty. YOU can be a part of our legacy…
What will I be doing?
The Customer Support department Spares Supply Chain is responsible for forecasting, supplying and distributing spare parts on a global scale to operators / airlines, MRO and aircraft manufacturers. The delivery performance of spare parts is a key success factor in our business.
The Spare Supply Planner is responsible to ensure the availability of spare parts to our customers, in the required quantities, within deadlines requested by the customer, while maintaining the lowest possible level of stock.
You will have the ownership of your Supply plan and you will lead and monitor any relevant activities to improve your Supply Plan. You should be eager to manipulate & communicate with data whilst ensuring accuracy alongside gaining good product awareness.
A vital part of your role is to work closely with key stakeholders like Customer Support Managers & Production/Procurement. You will forge those relationships to improve the supply plan to secure customer satisfaction at the end. Clear communication with these departments is key to managing customer expectations.
• Manage the supply plan
• Ensure that the correct parts and quantities will be received from our supply chain to support the customer's needs
• Develop relationships, and use them to address shortages, both current and projected in the future
• Take proactive action where you identify risks
• Communicate updates, share news both good and bad
• Minimise arrears and maximise service level
• Optimise inventory levels
• Manage risks by maintaining suitable levels of safety stock, address excess and static stocks
• Support management of quarantined parts, parts in transit & regional stocks
• Drive performance improvements
• Prepare and present the performance of your programs in review meetings
• Contribute to process improvements, and provide recommendations to reduce shortages and delays from supply sites
• Manage Data
• Create new parts and audit data
• Manage product evolution
What we will give you?
• Flexible working hours with an early finish on a Friday (4.5 day working week)
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays, plus the option to buy/sell annual leave
• Profit sharing annual bonus
• Our Shares scheme
• Pension scheme (up to 8% match)
• Onsite parking, including EV chargers, subsidised restaurant, Costa, bicycle storage and shower/changing facilities
• Our Benefits Portal offers a number of schemes including: cycle to work, technology & retail savings, access to healthcare & wellbeing services, discounted gym memberships and more!
• Global and local career progression opportunities and training & development programmes
• STEM engagement with schools, colleges and universities and Charitable activities for all
• Social events throughout the year, and access to Dowty Sports and Social clubs
Safran was ranked globally as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes magazine in 2021.
Our employees are at the heart of our success and we work together towards Four People Fundamentals that underpin life at Safran:
• We believe in and promote diversity and inclusion as key values across our business
• We develop our colleagues skills and build opportunities so you can shape our future
• We create a trustworthy work place to support you, as you dare to act and innovate
• We encourage collaboration and mutual support for you and your colleagues
What do you need from me?
• Attitude: Proactive, thorough, perseverant, attention to detail
• Analytical skills, data manipulation, MS Excel is essential
• Communication skills and presentation of data
• Problem solving, relationship building, stakeholder management & influencing
• Supply Chain experience is preferable but not essential
• SAP is advantageous
• Software: Intermediate Excel, PowerPoint, Power BI, SAP
What's my next step?
Please apply by uploading a CV and cover letter, and if your experience matches what we're looking for, one of our recruitment team will give you a call
Diversity & Inclusion
We want Safran Landing Systems to be a workplace where everyone feels valued, can be themselves and know they can reach their full potential. We embrace and celebrate our differences through various initiatives and support colleagues through a number of staff networks.
We're committed to building a strong, diverse workforce and making Safran Landing Systems an inclusive place to work.
‘Offers of employment will be subject to a relevant level of company security vetting, which may include a criminal record check'
Specificity of the job
Locate your future workplace
Cheltenham Road East GL2 9QH
England United Kingdom