Safran Landing Systems is the world leader of aircraft landing and braking systems. The company has partnerships with 30 airframers in civil, regional, commercial and military transport, and supports 27,000 aircraft that operate around 70,000 landings daily.
The Customer Support department Spares Supply Chain is responsible for forecasting, supplying and distributing spare parts on a global scale to operators / airlines, MRO and aircraft manufacturers. The delivery performance of spare parts is a key success factor in our business.
The Spare Supply Planner is responsible to ensure the availability of spare parts to our customers, in the required quantities, within deadlines requested by the customer, while maintaining the lowest possible level of stock.
You will have the ownership of your Supply plan and you will lead and monitor any relevant activities to improve your Supply Plan. You will need to perform some data analysis in order to support improvement proposals. You should be eager to manipulate & communicate with data.
A vital part of your role is to work closely with key stakeholders like Customer Support Managers & Production/Procurement. You will forge those relationships, closely discuss with them and evaluate different options to improve the supply plan to secure customer satisfaction at the end. Clear communication with these departments is key to managing customer expectations. You will clearly present and justify your recommendations in review meetings with senior management.
Why Join Safran?
Our employees are at the heart of our success, and we pride ourselves on competitive flexible benefits and activities that support our employee's. These include:
• Flexible working hours
• Benefits Portal offering a range of benefits (e.g. life assurance, cycle to work, technology savings, retail discounts, access to healthcare & wellbeing services, house moving day)
• Safran share scheme
• Profit sharing scheme
• Career progression opportunities and sponsorship of training courses
• Opportunity to be involved in Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives
• Great facilities including free parking onsite (electric car charging points available), subsidised canteen/break area, bicycle storage and shower/changing facilities.
• Manage the supply plan
o Ensure that the correct parts and quantities will be received from our supply chain to support the customer's needs
o Develop relationships, and use them to address shortages, both current and projected in the future
o Take proactive action where you identify risks
o Communicate updates, share news both good and bad
o Escalate subjects as needed
o Take the necessary actions to balance the supply plan with the spares forecast
o Minimise arrears and maximise service level
• Optimise inventory levels
o Manage risks by maintaining suitable levels of safety stock
o Manage evolutions to ensure stock is the latest standard
o Address excess and static stocks
o Support management of quarantined parts, parts in transit & regional stocks
• Drive performance improvements
o Prepare and present the performance of your programs in review meetings
o Contribute to improve the process
o Provide recommendations to reduce shortages and delays from supply sites
• Attitude: Proactive, thorough, perseverant, attention to detail
• Analytical skills, data manipulation, MS Excel is essential
• Communication skills and presentation of data
• Problem solving
• Relationship building
• Stakeholder management & influencing
• Customer oriented and committed
• Time management and prioritisation
• Supply Chain experience is preferable but not essential
• SAP is a plus
• Working in a team
• Software: Intermediate Excel, PowerPoint, Power BI
• Management tools : SAP
‘Offers of employment will be subject to a relevant level of company security vetting, which may include a criminal record check'
Specificity of the job
Locate your future workplace
Cheltenham Road East GL2 9QH
England United Kingdom
- © Safran