Job Title Spares Buyer
Location Gloucester, UK
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems and is at the forefront of contributing to safer, more sustainable aviation for current and future generations. We design, test, manufacture and assemble landing gear used on commercial aircraft including Airbus and Boeing, and UK military aircraft such as the Eurofighter Typhoon. Gloucester is home to the UK division and has been a leader of cutting edge landing gear technology for over 90 years, since the innovative designs of Sir George Dowty. YOU can be a part of our legacy …
What will I be doing?
You will be required to implement and develop strategies for Out of Production Spares (OoPS) parts, to meet supply chain objectives, including sourcing and contracting of components and assemblies to challenging cost, quality and lead-time targets. You will support development of new OoPS suppliers and the existing supply chain. You will be flexible to work across multiple commodities including machined parts, special processing (plating, NDT etc.), other build to print and build to specification items.
Your primary responsibilities and key accountabilities are as follows:
• Sourcing and contracting of spares for all out of production programmes utilising the spares supply chain.
• Support the Spares Supply Chain Co-ordination Manager in defining the strategy for OoPS parts and suppliers, ensuring alignment with stakeholder expectations.
• Ensure compliance with the objectives, orientations and constraints of the Program, along with adherence to Purchasing policy and product strategies.
• Development of new and existing supply sources, in UK and globally to support delivery of spares programmes
• Identify opportunities to improve all aspects of OoPS supply chain performance, including cost reductions, efficiency, risk mitigation and delivery, working closely with other supply chain functions both locally and globally
• Maintaining standard costs, contracts and pricing agreements in line with Safran systems
• Support other team members in day to day activity when required
• Support for OE purchasing site team whenever necessary
• Support Continuous improvement activity both locally and globally
What we will give you?
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays, plus the option to buy/sell annual leave
• Annual bonus & Share scheme options
• Pension scheme (up to 8% match) and life assurance (4x salary)
• Onsite parking, including EV chargers, subsidised restaurant, bicycle storage and shower/changing facilities
• Our Benefits Portal offers a number of schemes including: cycle to work, technology & retail savings, access to healthcare & wellbeing services, discounted gym memberships and more!
• Global and local career progression opportunities and training & development programmes
• STEM engagement with schools, colleges and universities and Charitable activities for all
• Social events throughout the year, and access to Dowty Sports and Social clubs
Safran was ranked globally as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes magazine in 2021.
Our employees are at the heart of our success and we work together towards Four People Fundamentals that underpin life at Safran:
• We believe in and promote diversity and inclusion as key values across our business
• We develop our colleagues skills and build opportunities so you can shape our future
• We create a trustworthy work place to support you, as you dare to act and innovate
• We encourage collaboration and mutual support for you and your colleague
What do you need from me?
• Purchasing skills including negotiations, supplier evaluation, cost reduction
• Proven sourcing experience
• Competent in the writing and management of contracts
• Standard purchasing systems and procedures,
• Excellent communication skills
• Data management
• Proficient in standard Microsoft tools including Excel and Powerpoint
• Able to work in a team or individually
• Able to work with ERP (SAP) system
• Basic understanding of engineering requirements, specifications and drawings
• Knowledge of Out of Production Spares / Aftermarket processes
• Experience in sourcing and managing spares supply chain an advantage
• Verbal & written French language skills an advantage
• Preferred: 5 years diversified buying experience.
• Knowledge of regulations related to military programmes
• Willing to travel in UK and Globally
• Comfortable for working towards / to KPIs
• Understanding and adherence to health and safety regulations
• Basic understanding of quality requirements and tools
Ideally you will be qualified to degree level in industrial engineering or business administration with a supply chain bias, or a with Level 3 NVQ qualification linked to a relevant apprenticeship.
What's my next step?
Please apply by uploading a CV, and if your experience matches what we're looking for, one of our recruitment team will give you a call
Diversity & Inclusion
We want Safran Landing Systems to be a workplace where everyone feels valued, can be themselves and know they can reach their full potential. We embrace and celebrate our differences through various initiatives and support colleagues through a number of staff networks.
We're committed to building a strong, diverse workforce and making Safran Landing Systems an inclusive place to work.
‘Offers of employment will be subject to a relevant level of company security vetting, which may include a criminal record check'
Specificity of the job
Locate your future workplace
Cheltenham Road East GL2 9QH
England United Kingdom