As Senior Design Engineer for Safran Landing Systems, Gloucester, you will work within the Design & Analysis Department of Safran Landing Systems UK LTD.
Reporting to an Engineering Group Leader you will work autonomously on landing gear design & design support solutions to meet agreed timelines for engineering design deliverables.
• Detail design of landing gear throughout the whole life cycle of our landing gear programmes
• Use of 3D Modelling, 2D drafting, data management systems
• Liaising with internal/external customers to establish requirements
• Participate in design reviews and present information as required
• Designing to meet exacting customer requirements whilst complying with industry standards, regulations & qualification requirements
• Making technical presentations to customers as required
• Interfacing with other engineering functions, programme management, manufacturing and colleagues at other SLS sites
• Liaise with external suppliers, customers, airframers, regulatory bodies and other industrial organisations as required
• Concession evaluation for Military equipment
Join our Team
Our employees are at the heart of our success; we offer a range of competitive benefits, hybrid working, Global career opportunities and Training and Development at our dedicated Safran University to help contribute to a safer and more sustainable aviation.
You will benefit from:
Flexible working hours and hybrid working opportunities
25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
Healthcare and well-being services
Retail discounts and technology savings
Global and local career progression opportunities
Playing a key part in our low carbon journey
to make aviation safer and more sustainable
Shares, profit sharing scheme and competitive pension
You will require a minimum HNC/Degree and necessary engineering experience to be successful in the role.
• Experienced user of Catia V5 (or similar)
• Experienced GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing) user
• Good knowledge of manufacturing processes
• Proficient with Microsoft office applications
• Experience of working to regulatory requirements
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Self-motivated and able to take responsibility for own work within a team
• Organised & able to work to strict deadlines
• Ability to work effectively within an integrated project team
• Problem solver
Ideally you will also have a good knowledge of aerospace material properties and landing gear design.
‘Offers of employment will be subject to a relevant level of company security vetting, which will include a criminal record check'
Specificity of the job
Locate your future workplace
Cheltenham Road East GL2 9QH
England United Kingdom
- © Safran