Job Title Quality Systems Project Lead
Location Gloucester, UK
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems and is at the forefront of contributing to safer, more sustainable aviation for current and future generations. We design, test, manufacture and assemble landing gear used on commercial aircraft including Airbus and Boeing, and UK military aircraft such as the Eurofighter Typhoon. Gloucester is home to the UK division and has been a leader of cutting edge landing gear technology for over 90 years, since the innovative designs of Sir George Dowty. YOU can be a part of our legacy …
What will I be doing?
Safran Landing Systems in Gloucester is offering the challenging, but exciting opportunity to join our Quality Department on a permanent basis.
Purpose of the role is to support the day-to-day running of the Quality Management System, ensuring that processes and procedures are kept in line with the Safran Group requirements. Working within the framework of AS9100, you will have a keen eye for detail and provide quality system expertise to the organisation for the development and maintenance of the Quality Management System. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Maintaining and developing local procedures and forms within the document management system
• Conducting internal audits and maintaining the internal audit program
• Facilitating external audits from regulatory and certification bodies
• Supporting company's operational teams with response to audit findings, including facilitating root cause analysis investigations.
• Identifying and implementing potential improvement projects across management system
• Guiding and offering expertise on internal and AS9100 requirements
• Reviewing employee competency and issuing stamp authority
• Liaising with Central QMS team and cascading policies and processes down to a local level
• Conducting training in Quality Fundamentals to operational teams
What we will give you?
• Hybrid/Flexible working hours with an early finish on a Friday (4.5 day working week)
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays, plus the option to buy/sell annual leave
• Profit sharing annual bonus
• Our Shares scheme
• Pension scheme (up to 8% match)
• Onsite subsidised canteen, bicycle storage and shower/changing facilities
• Free onsite parking
• Our dedicated Benefits Portal, with a number of schemes including life assurance, cycle to work, technology & retail savings, access to healthcare & wellbeing services, and more!
• Global and local career progression opportunities and sponsorship of training courses
• STEM engagement with schools, colleges and universities and Charitable activities for all
• Social events throughout the year, sports and social clubs
Safran was ranked globally as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes magazine in 2021. Our employees are at the heart of our success and we work together towards Four People Fundamentals that underpin life at Safran:
• We believe in and promote diversity and inclusion as key values across our business
• We develop our colleagues skills and build opportunities so you can shape our future
• We create a trustworthy work place to support you, as you dare to act and innovate
• We encourage collaboration and mutual support for you and your colleagues
What do you need from me?
• Good working knowledge of Quality Management Systems – preferably AS9100 or equivalent
• Experience working within a precision engineering or other highly regulated environment
• Understanding of Quality Tools such as 5WHY, Ishikawa, etc.
• Good working knowledge of MS Office tools (Word, Powerpoint, Excel)
• Attention to detail
• Knowledge of aviation regulations – specifically Part 21G (advantageous)
What's my next step?
Please apply by uploading a CV and cover letter, and if your experience matches what we're looking for, one of our recruitment team will give you a call
Diversity & Inclusion
We want Safran Landing Systems to be a workplace where everyone feels valued, can be themselves and know they can reach their full potential. We embrace and celebrate our differences through various initiatives and support colleagues through a number of staff networks.
We're committed to building a strong, diverse workforce and making Safran Landing Systems an inclusive place to work.
‘Offers of employment will be subject to a relevant level of company security vetting, which may include a criminal record check'
Specificity of the job
Some travel may be required
Locate your future workplace
Cheltenham Road East GL2 9QH
England United Kingdom