SAFRAN LANDING SYSTEMS IS THE WORLD LEADER IN AIRCRAFT LANDING AND BRAKING SYSTEMS.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems. Our capabilities encompass the full life cycle of our products, ranging from design and manufacture to in-service support, repair and overhaul.
We are a partner to 30 leading commercial, military, business and regional airframers, and support over 27,000 aircraft making more than 60,000 landings every day. There are also more than 7,600 employees working in locations across Europe, North America and Asia.
Join our Team
Our employees are at the heart of our success; we offer a range of competitive benefits, hybrid working, Global career opportunities and Training and Development at our dedicated Safran University to help contribute to a safer and more sustainable aviation.
As a forward-looking company, Safran Landing Systems massively invests in Research & Development. Carbon brakes, titanium parts, composite materials, additive manufacturing, more electric systems, new surface treatments, external and internal partnerships and digital transformation are all the result of this permanent innovation effort, which enables the company to develop new products that are ever more cost-efficient, better for the environment, lighter, stronger and quieter.
This is a key role within the Quality Department to support the implementation, development and compliance to the SafranLS EASA Part 21G requirements and Quality Management System (QMS) on site at Gloucester OEM. Reporting to the Quality Director you shall ensure that the site is compliant to EASA Part 21G regulations, AS/EN9100 standards and group procedures as applicable. In addition you will be responsible for the definition and continuous improvement of the QMS management processes and associated tools and ensuring the efficient and effective deployment of processes and procedures that comply with EASA Part 21G, AS/EN 9100, MPAS, SafranLS and group procedures.
The Site QMS/Regulatory Compliance Manager shall be:
• Responsible to the Quality Director with subject matter expert EASA Part 21G, AS9100 and MPAS advice
• Jointly responsible, with the other Site QMS Managers/SafranLS Regulatory Compliance Team, for the activities defining the global QMS under the direction of the QMS Director and EASA Part 21G under the direction of the SafranLS Regulatory Compliance Manager.
• Fully responsible, on his/her site, for defining and deploying activities related to the site EASA Part 21G / QMS (including the global Regulatory and QMS strategy where applicable).
• Responsible, on his/her site, for defining and deploying activities related to the correct operation of the Regulatory requirements and QMS including the definition of appropriate metrics
• Responsible, on his/her site, for the efficient and effective Documentation Management processes and specifically the Management of the Quality Department Procedures, ensuring they comply with EASA part 21G, AS9100 and customer requirements.
• Responsible for the Internal Audit program, and adherence to completion of audits and closure of the associated Corrective actions to defined timescales.
• Support the SafranLS regulatory compliance team in regular EASA Part 21G agency decision change reviews
• Manage the site QMS team to ensure KPI's are monitored on a daily, weekly and annual basis, providing status reports to the site Quality Director and SafranLS QMS Manager on a regular basi
• Ideally have, but not essential a certification in Quality systems and law
• Ideally have, but not essential a certification in Business Management
• Ideally have experience in the aerospace industry
• Demonstrate experience as a Manager in an aerospace regulatory compliance and/or QMS role (preferably both)
• Must have an in-depth proven track record of knowledge and understanding of EASA Part 21G and AS9100
• Must have a proven track record of planning, managing and facilitating external audit regulators/certification bodies
• Must have at least a general knowledge and understanding of all business processes
• Must have a knowledge and understanding of core quality systems and tools e.g. root cause corrective action, problem solving
• Must be lead auditor certified to ISO 9001 standards with extensive experience in both product and process auditing
• Have a high level of written and oral communications skills
• Have an understanding (but not essential) of EMAR requirements
• Ideally have, but not essential a certification as MPAS Quality Representative
• Proven people management skills
At Safran Landing Systems, we pride ourselves on competitive flexible benefits that support our employees work/life balance enabling each person to contribute to the best of their ability.
• Hybrid Working and Flexible Working Scheme to attract and retain skilled employees that allows for the work/life balance you need
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays
• ‘On Board Benefits' Programme, providing a number of schemes such as cycle to work, technology savings, retail discounts, access to healthcare, house moving day, sports and social club
• Shares and profit share bonus scheme
• Development and Training at Safran University as well as Company Sponsorship
• STEM engagement with schools, colleges and universities and Charitable activities for all
• Free parking onsite
• With a focus on employee health and wellbeing, we have events running throughout the year as well as an onsite large, subsidised canteen/break area with indoor seating, bicycle storage and shower/changing facilities.
‘Offers of employment will be subject to a relevant level of company security vetting, which may include a criminal record check'
Specificity of the job
Occasional travel may be required
Locate your future workplace
Cheltenham Road East GL2 9QH
England United Kingdom
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 76,800 employees and sales of 15,3 billion euros in 2021 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and innovation roadmap.
Safran was ranked as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes magazine in 2021.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems. The company has partnerships with 20 airframers in civil, regional, commercial and military transport, and supports 27,000 aircraft.
- © Safran