Job Title Quality Engineer - Special Processes
Location Gloucester, UK
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems. At our Gloucester site we design, test, manufacture and assemble landing gear used on commercial aircraft including a range of Airbus and Boeing airlines, and UK military aircraft such as the Eurofighter Typhoon. For over 85 years, we have been at the forefront of landing gear technology, contributing to safer, more sustainable aviation for current and future generations.
Safran Landing Systems in Gloucester is offering the challenging, but exciting opportunity to join our Quality Department.
What will I be doing?
The purpose of this role is to support the program, industrial and quality teams to ensure surveillance KPI's are met.
Working as part of a small, yet busy multi-disciplined team, you will
• Use your prior knowledge of Special Processes (Heat Treat, NDT, Shot peen, Chemical Processing, Coatings, Grinding, etc) to evaluate, select and ensure ongoing compliance to new and existing Suppliers.
• Offer support during supplier selection and new program launches
• Conduct Investigations and formally report findings within Safran and to our Customers using standard quality tools such as 8D, etc.
• Administer continuous Improvement Techniques (FMEA, Gauge R & R, SPC, etc)
• Ensure efficient / effective closure of RCCA
• Support FAIR / DVI reviews and approvals, incorporating APQP
• Provide support to internal teams as necessary
• Promote and use Lean principles in all Special Processing activities
• Review and approve manufacturing data
• Update and maintain Quality systems and SharePoint sites
The successful candidate will bring experience of Special Processes. This role will be both technically and business focused, working closely with Subject matter experts to define Quality standards, exception management processes, and escalation processes as well as ensuring all systems / databases are managed with updated information as necessary.
As the individual accountable for assigned areas of work, the role holder will deliver their audits in a timely manner, whilst continuing to align with all applicable stakeholders.
What we will give you?
• Hybrid/Flexible working hours with an early finish on a Friday (4.5 day working week)
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays, plus the option to buy/sell annual leave
• Profit sharing annual bonus
• Our Shares scheme
• Pension scheme (up to 8% match)
• Onsite subsidised canteen, bicycle storage and shower/changing facilities
• Free onsite parking
• Our dedicated Benefits Portal, with a number of schemes including life assurance, cycle to work, technology & retail savings, access to healthcare & wellbeing services, and more!
• Global and local career progression opportunities and sponsorship of training courses
• STEM engagement with schools, colleges and universities and Charitable activities for all
• Social events throughout the year, sports and social clubs
Safran was ranked globally as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes magazine in 2021. Our employees are at the heart of our success and we work together towards Four People Fundamentals that underpin life at Safran:
• We believe in and promote diversity and inclusion as key values across our business
• We develop our colleagues skills and build opportunities so you can shape our future
• We create a trustworthy work place to support you, as you dare to act and innovate
• We encourage collaboration and mutual support for you and your colleagues
What do you need from me?
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Lead Assessor qualified
• ISO9001, AS9100 and NADCAP experience essential
• CAA Part 21 / 145 desirable
• Knowledge of Safran specifications / procedures / Systems an advantage
• Proficient in MS Office
• Analytical thinker
• Structured and organised with attention to detail
• Proficient Communicator at all levels
• Ability to establish effective working relationships
• Commercial awareness
• Innovative Problem Solver
• Team player but able to work on own initiative
• Able to overlap tasks / multitask
• Detail oriented, self-starter, completer-finisher mind-set,
• Must be able to work autonomously providing a key Supplier Support Role with minimal supervision.
• Rigorous attention to detail and quality conscious.
• Analytical skills, critical faculty and ability to synthesize
• Excellent collaborative skills with ability to exhibit flexibility, diplomacy and resilience.
• Team player, confident to challenge appropriately
• Customer focused with a continual improvement mind-set
• Personal and business integrity, doing the right thing
• Honest, open, leadership, positive mind-set, robust, passionate,
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with all level of stakeholders
• Securing timely results in a fluid environment whilst dealing with competing demands
• Ability to deliver from start to finish with minimal oversight
• Ability to multi-task, prioritise and where appropriate, escalate issues to resolution
• Pragmatic and solutions driven
What's my next step?
Please apply by uploading a CV and cover letter, and if your experience matches what we're looking for, one of our recruitment team will give you a call
Diversity & Inclusion
We want Safran Landing Systems to be a workplace where everyone feels valued, can be themselves and know they can reach their full potential. We embrace and celebrate our differences through various initiatives and support colleagues through a number of staff networks.
We're committed to building a strong, diverse workforce and making Safran Landing Systems an inclusive place to work.
‘Offers of employment will be subject to a relevant level of company security vetting, which may include a criminal record check'
Specificity of the job
Gloucester based with Global travel to suppliers and other Safran sites
Locate your future workplace
Cheltenham Road East GL2 9QH
England United Kingdom