SAFRAN LANDING SYSTEMS IS THE WORLD LEADER IN AIRCRAFT LANDING AND BRAKING SYSTEMS.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems. Our capabilities encompass the full life cycle of our products, ranging from design and manufacture to in-service support, repair and overhaul.
We are a partner to 30 leading commercial, military, business and regional airframers, and support over 27,000 aircraft making more than 60,000 landings every day. There are also more than 7,600 employees working in locations across Europe, North America and Asia.
Join our Team
Our employees are at the heart of our success; we offer a range of competitive benefits, hybrid working, Global career opportunities and Training and Development at our dedicated Safran University to help contribute to a safer and more sustainable aviation.
As a forward-looking company, Safran Landing Systems massively invests in Research & Development. Carbon brakes, titanium parts, composite materials, additive manufacturing, more electric systems, new surface treatments, external and internal partnerships and digital transformation are all the result of this permanent innovation effort, which enables the company to develop new products that are ever more cost-efficient, better for the environment, lighter, stronger and quieter.
Using your prior knowledge of Special Processes (Heat Treat, NDT, Shot peen, Chemical Processing, Coatings, Grinding, etc), evaluate, select and ensure ongoing compliance to new and existing Suppliers.
- Offer support during supplier selection and new program launches
- Conduct Investigations and formally report findings within Safran and to our Customers using standard quality tools such as 8D, etc.
- Continuous Improvement Techniques (FMEA, Gauge R & R, SPC, etc)
- Ensure efficient / effective closure of RCCA
- Lead Assessor qualified
- ISO9001, AS9100 and NADCAP experience essential
- CAA Part 21 / 145 desirable
- Involvement in FAIR / DVI reviews and approvals, incorporating APQP
- Provide support to internal teams as necessary
- Promote and use Lean principles in all Special Processing activities
- Knowledge of Safran specifications / procedures an advantage
- Review and approve manufacturing data
- Update and maintain Quality databases and Sharepoint sites
Structured and organised with attention to detail
- Proficient Communicator at all levels
- Ability to establish effective working relationships
- Commercial awareness
- Innovative Problem Solver
- Proficient in MS Office
- Team player but able to work on own initiative
- Analytical thinker
- Able to overlap tasks / multitask
At Safran Landing Systems, we pride ourselves on competitive flexible benefits that support our employees work/life balance enabling each person to contribute to the best of their ability.
• Hybrid Working and Flexible Working Scheme to attract and retain skilled employees that allows for the work/life balance you need
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays
• ‘On Board Benefits' Programme, providing a number of schemes such as cycle to work, technology savings, retail discounts, access to healthcare, house moving day, sports and social club
• Shares and profit share bonus scheme
• Development and Training at Safran University as well as Company Sponsorship
• STEM engagement with schools, colleges and universities and Charitable activities for all
• Free parking onsite
• With a focus on employee health and wellbeing, we have events running throughout the year as well as an onsite large, subsidised canteen/break area with indoor seating, bicycle storage and shower/changing facilities.
‘Offers of employment will be subject to a relevant level of company security vetting, which may include a criminal record check'
Specificity of the job
Gloucester based with Global travel to suppliers and other Safran sites
Locate your future workplace
Cheltenham Road East GL2 9QH
England United Kingdom
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 76,800 employees and sales of 15,3 billion euros in 2021 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and innovation roadmap.
Safran was ranked as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes magazine in 2021.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems. The company has partnerships with 20 airframers in civil, regional, commercial and military transport, and supports 27,000 aircraft.
- © Safran