SAFRAN LANDING SYSTEMS IS THE WORLD LEADER IN AIRCRAFT LANDING AND BRAKING SYSTEMS.
Safran Landing Systems in Gloucester is offering the challenging, but exciting opportunity to join our Quality Department working to support Development projects and interfacing into the engineering and operations teams. In addition, there may be opportunities to directly update the customer on development topics.
The purpose of the role is to implement the One Safran reference system to guarantee the conformity and the excellence of our product development. In this role, you will participate in the deployment of APQP (Advance Product Quality Planning) in order to achieve the best quality standards, satisfy our internal objectives and our customer/regulatory requirements. You will be involved during design and industrialization phases of SLS development projects.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Participate in the preparation and realization of engineering reviews
• Animate the identification and management of risks and opportunities
• Provide support for Product and Process FMECA, Critical Items identification and events causal analysis
• Engagement in DFMEA design and IPT technical reviews during development
• Pilot the APQP process of the development project
• Collaborating with the industrial development teams and supporting the transition between the Design and Industrial development phases
• Participating and facilitating Customer Reviews of Dev Quality & APQP activities
• Contribute to the identification and taking into account of RETEX
• Conduct audits in the frame of SLS Design Approvals (EASA Part21 DOA and customer delegations)
• Conduct quality investigations into events linked to the design of our products through the ENQD process
• Supporting cross Quality topics such as improvement initiatives
• Supporting the Program Quality team in in the realisation of customer KBD (Key Business Deliverables) reviews
Strengthen the development approach in the early project phase:
- Ensure that lessons learned are effectively integrated.
- Contribute to consistency between the development logic, project maturity, and risks and opportunities identified in the pre-project phase.
- Help the project manager defining the project management plans.
- Write the Development Quality Assurance Plan (DQAP).
- Identify the needed quality resources and skills
- Define the project quality KPIs.
2. Consolidate development input data in the early project phase:
- Ensure effective technology maturity assessments process
- Contribute identifying risks and opportunities related to design, manufacturing engineering and support and services development.
- Ensure that internal and external requirements are taken into account.
3. Participate to project performance monitoring during the development phase:
- Support and challenge the project manager in updating and adapting the development logic, then check that it is effectively implemented.
- Implement the DQAPs.
- Define, flow down and consolidate quality KPIs and ensure the implementation of improvement plans.
- Ensure that risks, opportunities and requirements are effectively managed throughout the project.
- Help organize development reviews.
4. Coordinate all the quality functions involved in the project (Design QA, Manufacturing Production Engineering QA, Support and Services QA, Supplier QA).
Candidate skills and requirements
Candidates should have:
• Strong Landing System's product and process knowledge
• Ability to read complex engineering drawings and specifications
• An understanding of root cause analysis techniques (8D, Ishikawa, 5WHY)
• Awareness of Industrialisation process
• Awareness of engineering and manufacturing principles and processes
• Qualification – apprenticeship/HNC/degree
It would be advantageous if candidates also had
• Engineering background such as Design, Analysis or Product Support
• Understanding of aerospace QMS and regulatory requirements (EASA Part 21J/G)
• Auditor or Lead Auditor qualifications and experience
‘Offers of employment will be subject to a relevant level of company security vetting, which may include a criminal record check'
Specificity of the job
Some travel maybe required
Locate your future workplace
Cheltenham Road East GL2 9QH
England United Kingdom