Job Title Quality Engineer (Production)
Location Gloucester, UK
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems. At our Gloucester site we design, test, manufacture and assemble landing gear used on commercial aircraft including a range of Airbus and Boeing airlines, and UK military aircraft such as the Eurofighter Typhoon. For over 85 years, we have been at the forefront of landing gear technology, contributing to safer, more sustainable aviation for current and future generations.
Safran Landing Systems in Gloucester is offering the challenging, but exciting opportunity to join our Quality Department.
What will I be doing?
As Quality Engineer, you will support the day to day running of the Quality Management System, ensuring that products are manufactured and assembled in line with specified requirements.
In this role, you will be proactive and be involved with all departmental functions from Engineering through Operations and Customer Support.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Facilitate investigation of non-conformances root causes to assist with reduction of non-quality events
• Support industrialisation process of new product with a focus on final quality review of documentation (Forms 1-3, SOL, Control and Inspection Plans)
• Conduct audits (including FOD audits, workstation audits, internal audits)
• Conduct RCCA investigations using common tools (8D Ishikawa, 5Whys etc.) and support the completion of corrective and preventive actions
• Ensure customer and regulatory requirements are maintained and foster a culture of continuous improvement
• Support Production in daily stand ups and be the focal point for quality concerns
• Support APQP and PPAP activities on site including the ongoing development of the processes involved
• Be an active member of MFTs including all levels of the business, with the ability to guide participants
• Ensure compliance and application of corporate processes and tools as required
What we will give you?
• Hybrid/Flexible working hours with an early finish on a Friday (4.5 day working week)
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays, plus the option to buy/sell annual leave
• Profit sharing annual bonus
• Our Shares scheme
• Pension scheme (up to 8% match)
• Onsite subsidised canteen, bicycle storage and shower/changing facilities
• Free onsite parking
• Our dedicated Benefits Portal, with a number of schemes including life assurance, cycle to work, technology & retail savings, access to healthcare & wellbeing services, and more!
• Global and local career progression opportunities and sponsorship of training courses
• STEM engagement with schools, colleges and universities and Charitable activities for all
• Social events throughout the year, sports and social clubs
Safran was ranked globally as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes magazine in 2021. Our employees are at the heart of our success and we work together towards Four People Fundamentals that underpin life at Safran:
• We believe in and promote diversity and inclusion as key values across our business
• We develop our colleagues skills and build opportunities so you can shape our future
• We create a trustworthy work place to support you, as you dare to act and innovate
• We encourage collaboration and mutual support for you and your colleagues
What do you need from me?
• Experience of manufacturing principles, processes, standards and procedures
• Ability to read engineering drawings and specifications
• Understanding of aerospace QMS and regulatory requirements
• Qualification – apprenticeship/HNC/degree
It would be advantageous if you also had:
• Knowledge of root cause analysis techniques (8D, Ishikawa, 5WHY)
• Awareness of DVI/FAIR process
• Awareness of machining and special processes
What's my next step?
Please apply by uploading a CV and cover letter, and if your experience matches what we're looking for, one of our recruitment team will give you a call
Diversity & Inclusion
We want Safran Landing Systems to be a workplace where everyone feels valued, can be themselves and know they can reach their full potential. We embrace and celebrate our differences through various initiatives and support colleagues through a number of staff networks.
We're committed to building a strong, diverse workforce and making Safran Landing Systems an inclusive place to work.
‘Offers of employment will be subject to a relevant level of company security vetting, which may include a criminal record check'
Specificity of the job
Locate your future workplace
Cheltenham Road East GL2 9QH
England United Kingdom