Are you passionate about engineering? Invent the solutions of tomorrow in the aerospace and defence industry, with an international group where innovation, teamwork, and continuing, daily education are fundamental values. Join Safran!
Safran Landing Systems UK Limited in Gloucester is offering the challenging and exciting opportunity to join our Programs team as a Program Leader. This can be on a range of major programs for Airbus, UK military programs and new opportunities.
The Program Leader will report to the Program Director to support them managing the cross-functional IPT, the customer objectives and communication, the business objectives and business model.
This can include: forecasting program demand, planning and managing progress and putting in place recovery plans as needed, tracking costs vs budget, administration of customer contracts, spares sales and repairs management, risk management, change management, export control, managing internal program reviews, internal and customer reporting, executive reviews, customer meetings
The program Leader will manage cross functional projects as an example:
• Resolving in-service issues,
• Managing Airframer development projects
• Cost reduction initiatives
• Engaging with airframers to help secure new business opportunities
• Support the team to deliver on time, on quality and on budget
• Promote teamwork and program management best practices including integrated planning, PROMPT gateway reviews and risk management
• Maintain a close working relationship with stakeholders across disciplines and engage them in achieving the Program objectives
With more than 76,800 employees, in 276 locations across 27 countries, we're a global leader in the Aerospace, Defence and Space industries. Our mission is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible.
Our employees are at the heart of our success, as we work together for our sustainable future. There are four People Fundamentals that underpin life at Safran:
• We believe in and promote diversity and inclusion as key values across our business
• We develop our colleagues skills and build opportunities so you can shape our future
• We create a trustworthy work place to support you, as you dare to act and innovate
• We encourage collaboration and mutual support for you and your colleagues
As a valued member of our team, these are just a few of the benefits you'll receive:
• Hybrid/Flexible working hours with an early finish on a Friday (4.5 day working week)
• A 5 week holiday entitlement, option to buy/sell annual leave
• Pension scheme
• Profit sharing annual bonus
• Our dedicated Benefits Portal with a range of lifestyle benefits, including life assurance, cycle to work, technology savings, retail discounts, access to healthcare & wellbeing services, house moving day)
• Global and local career progression opportunities and sponsorship of training courses
• And much more!
Qualified to degree level or equivalent in an engineering or business discipline or have equivalent relevant experience.
You must be results driven - a proactive and customer-focused individual with excellent interpersonal, communication skills, together with good business and aerospace industry awareness.
• Cross functional Project / Program Management experience
• Aerospace or similar industry experience, with some knowledge of equipment design and industrial processes
• Customer facing experience
• Commercial and business understanding
• Aerospace engineering knowledge
• French skills
Diversity & Inclusion
We want Safran Landing Systems to be a workplace where everyone feels valued, can be themselves and know they can reach their full potential. We embrace and celebrate our differences through various initiatives and support colleagues through a number of staff networks.
We're committed to building a strong, diverse workforce and making Safran Landing Systems an inclusive place to work.
‘Offers of employment will be subject to a relevant level of company security vetting, which may include a criminal record check'
Specificity of the job
Anticipate travel to the customer and Workshare partners as and when required
Locate your future workplace
Cheltenham Road East GL2 9QH
England United Kingdom