SAFRAN LANDING SYSTEMS IS THE WORLD LEADER IN AIRCRAFT LANDING AND BRAKING SYSTEMS.
Safran Landing Systems in Gloucester is looking for a Production Maintenance Manager to lead and develop the Maintenance functions during a period of accelerated growth.
Reporting directly to the VP Manufacturing, you will lead a team of experienced engineers to deliver high levels of performance to the business. You will be responsible for the overall performance, development and maintenance of production technical resources, assets and capability.
The role is also responsible for support services such as Mechanical Calibration and Tool Support activities.
The successful candidate will be required to drive significant efficiency and cost improvements whilst ensuring delivery, quality and internal customer satisfaction.
You will focus on ensuring strong working relationships with your colleagues and customers, ensuring that longer term manufacturing function goals are achieved.
Why Join Safran?
Our employees are at the heart of our success, and we pride ourselves on competitive flexible benefits and activities that support our employee's. These include:
• Benefits Portal offering a range of benefits (e.g. life assurance, cycle to work, technology savings, retail discounts, access to healthcare & wellbeing services, house moving day)
• Safran share scheme
• Profit sharing scheme
• Career progression opportunities and sponsorship of training courses
• Opportunity to be involved in Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives
• Great facilities including on-site parking (electric car charging points available), subsidised canteen/break area, bicycle storage and shower/changing facilities.
You responsibilities will include:
• Ensuring Best in Class maintenance performance through the delivery of the SAFRAN Maintenance Maturity objectives, implementing technology for the future across Maintenance functions
• Maintenance of Production Equipment, including any HSE requirements CE/PUWER.
• Responsibility for robust application of HSE & Environmental standard
• Co-ordination of both the calibration and tool support functions •
Project & technical support for major Capital expenditure projects
• Identification and delivery of cost reduction projects
• Robust management and cost control of third-party providers
• Manage and lead the teams to drive improvements in efficiency
• Development of Lean principles & Maintenance (Industrial) Engineering capability
• Co-ordination of Maintenance activities in relation to SAFRAN Group initiatives and cross collaboration
• Demonstrated ability to deliver change
• Proven ability to efficiently manage a cross functional team, and delegate to team members effectively
• Demonstrable project management leadership and execution skills
• Ability to recognise key business metrics and levers to impact results
• Ability to work with data, systems, and processes to make informed business decisions
• Demonstrated control of both capital and revenue budgets with a focus on cost optimisation and value creation
• Facilitating change through coaching, mentoring and leadership
• Ability to efficiently deploy problem solving techniques such as FMEA, 8D
• Experience in manufacturing environments including working within processes and procedures.
‘Offers of employment will be subject to a relevant level of company security vetting, which may include a criminal record check'
Specificity of the job
Day Shift on-site
Occasional travel to other sites
Locate your future workplace
Cheltenham Road East GL2 9QH
England United Kingdom