SAFRAN LANDING SYSTEMS IS THE WORLD LEADER IN AIRCRAFT LANDING AND BRAKING SYSTEMS.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems. Our capabilities encompass the full life cycle of our products, ranging from design and manufacture to in-service support, repair and overhaul.
We are a partner to 30 leading commercial, military, business and regional airframers, and support over 27,000 aircraft making more than 60,000 landings every day. There are also more than 7,600 employees working in locations across Europe, North America and Asia.
Scope of role
Reporting directly to the Procurement Manager/Team leader, this role involves pro-actively managing relationships with Suppliers / other Procurement Leaders (PLs), ensuring Safran Landing Systems (SLS) requirements are clearly recognised. This role is responsible for the following objectives:
• Manage a portfolio of Suppliers to ensure SLS UK Ltd requirements are met
• For poor performing Suppliers analyse the impacts of an improvement request, implement the action plan resulting from the impact analysis
• Participate in multisite Supplier business reviews with a SLS cross functional team (CFT)
• Work within a CFT to ensure successful work package transfers in the Supply Chain
• Support the Supplier Performance Quality Leader (SPQL) in the effective implementation of Supplier Performance strategy and initiatives from SLS
• Manage internal expectations with key Customers to ensure full customer satisfaction.
Order Book Management
• Analyse, process, confirm and communicate requirements to the supplier
• Handle exception messages (send an order, progress, delay, push-outs, pull in, cancel an order, deadline overrun, late starting, …) resulting from the MRP to maintain on-time supply and manage inventory.
• Review and upload the supplier schedules received from suppliers
• Suggest and support implementation of solutions in case of shortages
• Negotiate dead-lines/quantities with suppliers to meet business needs
• Oversee the progress of manufacturing on the supplier's site
o In supplier scheduling (capacity and critical materials/ components)
o Monitor supplier capacity
o In the management of Supply transport
o In managing obsolescence
• Manage delivery receipts, follow the flow through to reception of articles, manage administrative disputes and goods receiving queries
• Manage the flow of returns to the supplier
• Participate in Line of Balance (LoB) reviews
Escalate delivery and quality issues with the Supplier
• Reconcile performance with suppliers throughout the month
• Measure and analyse supplier performance in coordination with the SPQL and if their targets are not being reached, set up internal and external action plans in close cooperation with the purchasing and quality.
• Escalate to SPQL/Commodity Program Manager(CPM) to drive decision making process with other functions
• Identify & close out of root causes
• Warning in case of supplier risk (delivery, quality, financial, ...)
• Communicate to the supplier on Major Program changes
• Monitor implementation (from supplier selection)
• Liaise with Purchasing, Supplier Performance Quality Manager(SPQM) and CPM to manage Supplier relationship and risks and other common issues
• Implement Recovery plans: managing the priorities consistent with the program priorities
Conduct regular Supplier Reviews with suppliers depending on risk and criticality
• Establish Supplier visit and meeting schedules, depending on risk and criticality.
• Drive Supplier visits, supported by SLS site PM if required
• Measure, reconcile and analyse supplier performance (OTD, OQD) for the site, Liaise with the SPQL and if their targets are not being reached, set up internal and external action plans.
Logistics & Order Policy
• Provide detail view of the supplier part portfolio recommend logistics conditions, lead time (contractual and actual), batch size for inclusion in the Logistic Executive Agreement (LEA)
o On determining and maintaining logistics guidelines
o In drawing up supply contracts (on SC elements: Batch size, horizon…)
• Review Lot size and Planned delivery times (firm horizon) with supplier and in line with any contractual documents (Contract or LEA) and lot size policy on a yearly basis
• Support implementation of negotiated supply parameters in site ERP system
Knowledge, Experience & Behaviours
• Good working knowledge of ERP system and MRP2 Principles
• Experience in Aerospace would be an advantage
• Computer literate in word & excel
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
• Analytical skills
• Decision making skills
• Problem solving skills
• Negotiating and Influencing skills
• Business understanding
• Commercial awareness
Join our Team
Our employees are at the heart of our success; we offer a range of competitive benefits, hybrid working, Global career opportunities and Training and Development at our dedicated Safran University to help contribute to a safer and more sustainable aviation.
As a forward-looking company, Safran Landing Systems massively invests in Research & Development. Carbon brakes, titanium parts, composite materials, additive manufacturing, more electric systems, new surface treatments, external and internal partnerships and digital transformation are all the result of this permanent innovation effort, which enables the company to develop new products that are ever more cost-efficient, better for the environment, lighter, stronger and quieter.
At Safran Landing Systems, we pride ourselves on competitive flexible benefits that support our employees work/life balance enabling each person to contribute to the best of their ability.
• Hybrid Working and Flexible Working Scheme to attract and retain skilled employees that allows for the work/life balance you need
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays
• ‘On Board Benefits' Programme, providing a number of schemes such as cycle to work, technology savings, retail discounts, access to healthcare, house moving day, sports and social club
• Shares and profit share bonus scheme
• Development and Training at Safran University as well as Company Sponsorship
• STEM engagement with schools, colleges and universities and Charitable activities for all
• Free parking onsite
• With a focus on employee health and wellbeing, we have events running throughout the year as well as an onsite large, subsidised canteen/break area with indoor seating, bicycle storage and shower/changing facilities.
‘Offers of employment will be subject to a relevant level of company security vetting, which may include a criminal record check'
Specificity of the job
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 76,800 employees and sales of 15,3 billion euros in 2021 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and innovation roadmap.
Safran was ranked as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes magazine in 2021.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems. The company has partnerships with 20 airframers in civil, regional, commercial and military transport, and supports 27,000 aircraft.
- © Safran