PLM Engineer, Gloucester
Introduction - What's special about us?
Are you passionate about engineering? Invent the solutions of tomorrow in the aerospace and defence industry, with an international group where innovation, teamwork, and continuing, daily education are fundamental values. Join Safran!
What will I be doing?
As an Engineer at Safran, you will play a key role in our low carbon journey to make aviation safer and more sustainable.
In your role as PLM Support Engineer, you'll provide users from all functions on the Gloucester site with daily support and problem escalation assistance for the PLM4 configuration management tool. This includes developing and delivering training and working with the global PLM support team to ensure users on all Safran sites are able to work efficiently with the new PLM4 tool.
The main activities associated with this role are:
• Develop and maintain an informed Key User Network on the site to assist in supporting ongoing usage and development of PLM4
• Initiate, coordinate, plan and execute local PLM related activities between functions, key users, PLM4.0 team and the Information Systems team
• Act as site PLM activity referent during the continued PLM4.0 Phase 1 development activities , as well as during future phases 2 and 3 of the project
• In cooperation with the global PLM 4.0 support team:
o Coordinate, define and document utilization of PLM
o Participate or lead application development domains for PLM
advancements based on SLS priorities
o Carry out testing of new PLM application releases with respect to
defined and agreed processes and procedures
o Develop and maintain Training Materials, Website and Knowledge
management systems in line with development activities and local
o Co-ordinate support and implementation details for new problems or
enhancements requested by users, key users or other functions.
Review / Validate problems & propose corrections.
• Users on sites of responsibility are to be empowered by the site lead through continuous improvement participation and by PLM support materials
• Develop, maintain and deliver PLM training plan by integrating the PLM training offering into the HR site training register.
With more than 76,800 employees, in 276 locations across 27 countries, we're a global leader in the Aerospace, Defence and Space industries. Our mission is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible.
Our employees are at the heart of our success, as we work together for our sustainable future. There are four People Fundamentals that underpin life at Safran:
• We believe in and promote diversity and inclusion as key values across our business
• We develop our colleagues skills and build opportunities so you can shape our future
• We create a trustworthy work place to support you, as you dare to act and innovate
• We encourage collaboration and mutual support for you and your colleagues
As a valued member of our team, these are just a few of the benefits you'll receive:
• Hybrid/Flexible working hours with an early finish on a Friday (4.5 day working week)
• A 5 week holiday entitlement, option to buy/sell annual leave
• Pension scheme, up to 8% match
• Profit sharing annual bonus
• Company sick pay
• Our dedicated Benefits Portal with a range of lifestyle benefits, including life assurance, cycle to work, technology savings, retail discounts, access to healthcare & wellbeing services, house moving day)
• Global and local career progression opportunities and sponsorship of training courses
• And much more!
What do you need from me?
• University degree in Engineering or Information Systems
• Configuration Management knowledge
• Business Process Deployment
• Product Life Cycle Management and workflow process development
• Good knowledge of engineering practices, preferably from an aerospace or automotive background.
• Software Support, Training and Deployment experience for example: CATIA V4/V5/V6, SmarTeam, Siemens PLM and PDM systems. Windows, Unix, Programming-VBA, Java, Sharepoint.
What's my next step?
Please apply via the website, and if your experience matches what we're looking for, one of our recruitment experts will give you a call.
Diversity & Inclusion
We want Safran Landing Systems to be a workplace where everyone feels valued, can be themselves and know they can reach their full potential. We embrace and celebrate our differences through various initiatives and support colleagues through a number of staff networks.
We're committed to building a strong, diverse workforce and making Safran Landing Systems an inclusive place to work.
‘Offers of employment will be subject to a relevant level of company security vetting, which may include a criminal record check'
Specificity of the job
Occasional – Europe & North America
Locate your future workplace
Cheltenham Road East GL2 9QH
England United Kingdom