SAFRAN LANDING SYSTEMS IS THE WORLD LEADER IN AIRCRAFT LANDING AND BRAKING SYSTEMS.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems. Our capabilities encompass the full life cycle of our products, ranging from design and manufacture to in-service support, repair and overhaul.
We are a partner to 30 leading commercial, military, business and regional airframers, and support over 27,000 aircraft making more than 60,000 landings every day. There are also more than 7,600 employees working in locations across Europe, North America and Asia.
Main responsibilities will be the manufacture/ assembly and testing of hydraulic pipes and the completion of any relevant administration, from time to time you may be required to give line side support to the assembly line as well as other departments around the site with general fabrication requests. You will possess the ability both to work on your own initiative and as part of a team. In addition, you will be self-motivated, flexible and be able to contribute fully to improvement activities.
• Must have completed a full engineering apprenticeship to City & Guilds / NVQ L3 or equivalent Standard
• Ability to follow and understand technical drawings, specs, procedures, Test instructions, etc.
• To learn, understand and embrace the principles of the pipe manufacture process
•General knowledge of Fabrication and the relevant machinery
• Work to 5's and other improvement principles
• Completion of relevant documentation
• FOD Compliance
• Assembly and completion of associated production acceptance testing.
Previous knowledge of the following would be an advantage
Swaging of pipe fittings
Do you want to join our team?
Our employees are at the heart of our success; we offer a range of competitive benefits, career progression and training opportunities helping to ensure we build the future.
At Safran landing systems, we continue to support our employees and their contribution by providing a range of benefits.
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays
• Working Hours (unless specified) are 37.5 hours per week; Mon-Thurs (8am-4:30pm), Friday (8am-1:30pm)
• ‘On Board Benefits' Programme, providing a number of schemes such as cycle to work, technology savings, retail discounts, access to healthcare, house moving day, sports and social club
• Shares and profit share scheme
• Fulfilling your potential with Career Progressions opportunities such as company sponsorship and further training courses
• Family friendly policies including maternity, paternity, adoptive parents, shared parental leave, parental leave and flexible working
• Equality & Diversity initiatives with internal groups for workplace engagement and involvement
• STEM engagement with schools, colleges and universities and Charitable activities for all
• Free parking onsite
• With a focus on employee health and wellbeing, we have a large, canteen/break area with indoor seating, bicycle storage and shower/changing facilities.
Specificity of the job
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 76,800 employees and sales of 15,3 billion euros in 2021 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and innovation roadmap.
Safran was ranked as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes magazine in 2021.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems. The company has partnerships with 20 airframers in civil, regional, commercial and military transport, and supports 27,000 aircraft.
- © Safran