SAFRAN LANDING SYSTEMS IS THE WORLD LEADER IN AIRCRAFT LANDING AND BRAKING SYSTEMS.
Safran Lading Systems in Gloucester is looking for an Assembly Fitter. You will assemble and test Airbus Single Aisle family nose and forestay, and main gears and side stays, with quality being at a high level.
You will have the opportunity to work on Continuous improvement activities, improving the quality and efficiency of both the assembly and test of the units.
Please note, you will be expected to work shifts with the potential to work overtime as part of this role.
Join our Team
Our employees are at the heart of our success; we offer a range of competitive benefits, hybrid
working, Global career opportunities and Training and Development at our dedicated Safran
University to help contribute to a safer and more sustainable aviation.
As a forward-looking company, Safran Landing Systems massively invests in Research &
Development. Carbon brakes, titanium parts, composite materials, additive manufacturing,
more electric systems, new surface treatments, external and internal partnerships and digital
transformation are all the result of this permanent innovation effort, which enables the
company to develop new products that are ever more cost-efficient, better for the environment,
lighter, stronger and quieter.
The ability to read engineering drawings, previous fitting experience ideally in an Aerospace/Automotive environment, experience and understanding of working to specifications and procedures and awareness of COSHH are essential requirements of this role.
You will be self-motivated, flexible and be able to contribute fully to improvement activities.
• Must have completed a full engineering apprenticeship.
• Ability to follow and understand technical drawings, specs, procedures, Test instructions.
• To learn, understand and embrace the basic principles of production flow lines / takt times.
• Work to 5's and other improvement principles
• Completion of relevant documentation
• FOD Compliance
• Assembly and completion of associated production acceptance testing.
• Knowledge of flow line methodologies being an advantage, but not essential
‘Offers of employment will be subject to a relevant level of company security vetting, which may include a criminal record check'
Specificity of the job
Shift work will be required on a 4-shift, 4 week rotation.
This will include :
• Nightshift – Premium payment - 38.5% of salary
• Bridging shift - Premium payment - 39.75% of salary
• Weekend shift - Premium payment – 59.02% of salary
Locate your future workplace
Cheltenham Road East GL2 9QH
England United Kingdom