Job profile summary:
Reporting to the Services and Solution manager, the Network Engineer role will work within the IS team to support the implementation of all Local/Global IS projects or new digital initiatives as assigned within the UK and Asia region.
This person will provide support for networking and security equipment., they will work with other IS groups to industrialize proven technology which includes, provisioning networks and security systems alongside servers/applications/IT infrastructure. Also provisioning systems in the cloud to meet the business needs or project specific deliverables. The incumbent will act as the IS technical resource for related projects as assigned by IS Management.
• Support IS Technical Projects
• Work as part of the project team to deliver assigned projects
• Responsible for preparing required technical documentation
• Supporting the preparation of presentations around project proposals & feasibilities and provide IS project status updates to the PMO and IS Management.
• Build Network and Security Infrastructure
• Build and develop network systems – LAN/WAN/wifi/VPNs
• Build and develop industrial and building management network/security systems
• Build and develop security systems – e.g. firewalls, reverse proxy infrastructure, web surf
• Build and develop VOIP phone systems and collaborative tools
• Ensuring compliance to all security regulations and standards during builds
• Act as L2 and L3 support for IS infrastructure/Networks/Systems
• Diagnosing, troubleshooting, root cause analysis and providing resolution to complex problems of networks, servers and middleware, recommending improvements to avoid re-occurrence of the same problem.
• Performance monitoring and reporting
• Log checks and reporting
• Use IP Address Management tools and Firewall rule security approval procedures
• Developing scripts to automate repetitive daily administrations tasks and customized scripts for resolving incidents and problems to prevent recurrence
• Take ownership of a number of systems (site phones, conference booking, site and guest Wi-Fi, etc.)
• Participating in the "On-Call"
Experience & Skills & Competencies
• Experience and skills in cross-functional project and programme management.
• Rigour and attention to detail.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills with a capability to influence and challenge peers & leadership. Able to engage effectively at all levels within the organisation.
• Resilient and able to manage ambiguity and complexity.
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Experience in various IT/IS disciplines, technologies, and platforms (Infrastructure, databases and mobility).
• Working knowledge of VMWare, NetApp, Citrix, and various Windows and linux Server Operating systems
• Working knowledge of SAN infrastructure and loadbalancers
• Working knowledge of DNS/DHCP/Radius/certificates
• Experience with Monitoring tool solutions
• Technical Writing Skills. (Specifically related to IS projects)
• Ability to concurrently project manage a diverse list of items.
• Able to collect and translate business requirements.
• Flexibility, ability to change focus and adopt to changing corporate priorities.
• Time Management skills.
• ITIL Foundations, Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification or similar.
• Skill in Microsoft Office product suite, including PowerPoint, Excel & Word.
• Knowledge of aerospace business.
• Application of structured transformation / change / project ways of working in fluid / fast changing situations (i.e. not just program managing somewhere that is already very structured).
• Knowledge of French Language is a plus
‘Offers of employment will be subject to a relevant level of company security vetting, which may include a criminal record check'
Specificity of the job
Locate your future workplace
Cheltenham Road East GL2 9QH
England United Kingdom
- © Safran