Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems and is at the forefront of contributing to safer, more sustainable aviation for current and future generations. We design, test, manufacture and assemble landing gear used on commercial aircraft including Airbus and Boeing, and UK military aircraft such as the Eurofighter Typhoon.
Gloucester is home to the UK division and has been a leader of cutting edge of landing gear technology for over 90 years, since the innovative designs of Sir George Dowty. YOU can be a part of our legacy…
What will I be doing?
• Processing of production components through the NDT department and initially performing the 3 main disciplines of NDT Magnetic Flaw detect, Penetrant Flaw Detection and Acid Etch Inspection of Steel parts
• Dealing with items under investigation from both “in service” and from “test” areas as required by the Engineering Materials Laboratory and Test Engineering
• Further disciplines may also be required after the initial three i.e. Acid Etch Inspection of Titanium alloys and Barkhausen Noise Inspection.
• Liaising with internal customers to assist with corrective action activities for non-conformances.
• Support continuous improvement activities
• Be able to support the department in NADCAP audits
• Be responsible for all the various calibrations within the NDT department
Our employees are at the heart of our success; we offer a range of competitive benefits, hybrid working, Global career opportunities and Training and development at our dedicated Safran University to help contribute to a safer and more sustainable aviation. As a forward-looking company, Safran Landing Systems massively invests in Research & Development.
What we will give you?
• Excellent shift premiums
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays, plus the option to buy/sell annual leave
• Profit sharing annual bonus
• Our Shares scheme
• Pension scheme (up to 8% match)
• Onsite parking, including EV chargers, subsidised restaurant, Costa, bicycle storage and
• Our Benefits Portal offers a number of schemes including: cycle to work, technology & retail
savings, access to healthcare & wellbeing services, discounted gym memberships and more!
• Global and local career progression opportunities and training & development programmes
• STEM engagement with schools, colleges and universities and Charitable activities for all
• Social events throughout the year, and access to Dowty Sports and Social clubs
What do you need from me?
Ideally, you must have served an engineering apprenticeship and qualified to at least ONC/HNC in mechanical/production engineering.
Preferably, you should hold or have held in the last twelve months Level 2 NDT qualifications in Magnetic Flaw detect, Penetrant Flaw Detection and Acid Etch inspection methods in any of the following qualification schemes EN4179, NAS410, ASNT or PCN.
This position would ideally suit an enthusiastic individual who has the ability to pass and maintain qualifications within the aerospace NDT environment together with knowledge of international NDT specifications and working practices.
• Organisational awareness.
• Takes the initiative and has a proactive approach.
• Working effectively with others.
• Flexibility to work shifts as & when required
What's my next step?
Please apply by uploading a CV, and if your experience matches what we're looking for, one of our recruitment team will give you a call.
Diversity & Inclusion
We want Safran Landing Systems to be a workplace where everyone feels valued, can be themselves and know they can reach their full potential.
We embrace and celebrate our differences through various initiatives and support colleagues through a number of staff networks.
We're committed to building a strong, diverse workforce and making Safran Landing Systems an inclusive place to work.
‘Offers of employment will be subject to a relevant level of company security vetting, which may include a criminal record check'
Specificity of the job
Regularly rotate around a 3 shift rota with the rest of the team (Dayshift, bridging shift and Night shift)
Locate your future workplace
Cheltenham Road East GL2 9QH
England United Kingdom