Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems. Our capabilities encompass the full life cycle of our products, ranging from design and manufacture to in-service support, repair and overhaul.
Responsible for the process of creating & maintaining the 3-18 month Horizon Master Plans in the ERP system.
This includes establishing a plan which satisfies the Customer requirements, meets the Inventory targets and is supported by a commitment from Production and a Load & Capacity validation.
Responsible for the process of creating and maintaining Bills of Materials and Part records, in PDM and SAP.
This role also involves interaction with the internal customers such as Engineering, Procurement or Programs.
Join our Team
Our employees are at the heart of our success; we offer a range of competitive benefits, hybrid working, Global career opportunities and Training and Development at our dedicated Safran University to help contribute to a safer and more sustainable aviation.
As a forward-looking company, Safran Landing Systems massively invests in Research & Development. Carbon brakes, titanium parts, composite materials, additive manufacturing, more electric systems, new surface treatments, external and internal partnerships and digital transformation are all the result of this permanent innovation effort, which enables the company to develop new products that are ever more cost-efficient, better for the environment, lighter, stronger and quieter.
At Safran Landing Systems, we pride ourselves on competitive flexible benefits that support our employees work/life balance enabling each person to contribute to the best of their ability.
• Hybrid Working and Flexible Working Scheme to attract and retain skilled employees that allows for the work/life balance you need
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays
• ‘On Board Benefits' Programme, providing a number of schemes such as cycle to work, technology savings, retail discounts, access to healthcare, house moving day, sports and social club
• Shares and profit share bonus scheme
• Development and Training at Safran University as well as Company Sponsorship
• STEM engagement with schools, colleges and universities and Charitable activities for all
• Free parking onsite
• With a focus on employee health and wellbeing, we have events running throughout the year as well as an onsite large, subsidised canteen/break area with indoor seating, bicycle storage and shower/changing facilities.
‘Offers of employment will be subject to a relevant level of company security vetting, which may include a criminal record check'
To establish the Master Production Schedule in the ERP system from 3 month onward horizon, meeting both:
- The Customer requirements
- The split between the various configurations expected by the Customers (if applicable)
- Workshare between sites
- The target stock level as per the Company policy
To ensure the plans are adhering to the various planning parameters as and when required: Safety Time, Safety Stock, Quotas & workshare, etc…
Be aware of VEX need for the site, identifying opportunities and taking the necessary actions in order to optimize the stock & WIP situation, utilising the Excess stock tool.
To coordinate the OvRMs (Orders vs Requirements Matrix) for the site, acting on behalf of the Production Organization at the monthly OvRM meetings with the sister sites, and ensuring consistency and adherence to the plan.
To follow the configuration management process and in specific:
To create and maintain Master data in PDM- Production/Planning materials and As-Planned configurations
To complete the engineering change documentation into SAP in timely manner (ISUMS, MAFs, EDES, Special Instructions) and cascade updates to relevant Departments (Manufacturing Engineering, Assembly Methods, Procurement, Other SLS Sites, etc.)
To create PDM- SAP transfer objects in PDM, ensuring the right master data is maintained in PDM and is transferred to SAP
To request PDM- SAP transfers and in case of errors, analyse and correct the transfer objects
To maintain BoMs in SAP in line with the DLF and costing requirements
To ensure Point of embodiments are agreed with Programs/ PPM for new BOMs and/or top level part numbers are managed effectively through PDM into SAP and maintained through production version control.
To attend monthly Material Review Board meetings and communicate with the Teams the upcoming engineering changes.
Manage Exception messages
Support queries from the supply chain, i.e, Part shortage and alternative plans.
Specificity of the job
Locate your future workplace
Cheltenham Road East GL2 9QH
England United Kingdom
- © Safran