Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems. Our capabilities encompass the full life cycle of our products, ranging from design and manufacture to in-service support, repair and overhaul.
Reporting to the Supplier Quality Industrialisation & Flow Manager you will be required to:
• Support Safran globally in the development and qualification of forgers, metallic material manufacturers and foundries in the UK and overseas. This will also included the detailed review of their manufacturing processes and recommending areas of improvement.
• Work closely with the Materials and Processes Department and the Materials Validation Board (MVB) to recommend appropriate qualification programmes.
• Support the MVB in the improvement of Safran Landing Systems requirements into the forging and raw material supply chain.
• Lead product/process audits within the forging and raw materials supply chain, either individually or as part of a multifunctional team.
• Be able to progress, maintain and close action plans in a timely manner, ensuring that effective corrective actions have been put in place
• Work with suppliers in order to develop and maintain FMEA and SPC monitoring of key parameters.
• Have a good understanding of Fe, Ti and Al metallurgy and manufacturing processes in order to assist suppliers in problem solving using the 8D approach, and other quality tools, to drive continuous improvement.
• Review and approve FAI reports in line with AS9102 and Safran DVI requirements.
• Lead FAI/DVI audits at suppliers and be able to review the process to confirm compliance to the relevant international or Safran standard.
• Work closely with the Materials and Processes Department in order to support the submission and review of metallurgical cut up reports
• Provide necessary information into the MVB, or at site level, in order to maintain and update supplier approvals within the Safran Landing Systems approval database (DK6000).
• Undertake the role of site focal point for material quality issues and support supplier quality, procurement and purchasing with material related queries.
The ideal Candidate should be of degree or HNC calibre and have a thorough knowledge of Fe, Ti and Al metallurgy and the associated manufacturing processes.
In addition, applicants need to be experienced auditors, preferably at Lead Assessor level, computer literate and have excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
Experience of NADCAP and UKAS requirements is desirable.
You must hold a full driving licence and current passport and have a willingness to travel overseas.
Technical competencies required:
• Quality principles, standards and procedures • Technical knowledge of Forging, melting and casting practices
• Quality, Lean tools, and Problem Solving Methods • Communication
• Materials knowledge technical / practical • Company organisation
Behavioural competencies required:
• Team working • Communication, influencing and negotiation skills
• Commercial awareness • Methodical and attention to detail
• Accountability • Proactive / work with little supervision
This job description is intended to provide guidance regarding the scope of the post. It is not an exhaustive list. The Supplier Quality Manager may reasonably expect the post holder to undertake other duties within the scope of the post and employment grade.
Join our Team
Our employees are at the heart of our success; we offer a range of competitive benefits, hybrid working, Global career opportunities and Training and Development at our dedicated Safran University to help contribute to a safer and more sustainable aviation.
At Safran Landing Systems, we pride ourselves on competitive flexible benefits that support our employees work/life balance enabling each person to contribute to the best of their ability.
• Hybrid Working and Flexible Working Scheme to attract and retain skilled employees that allows for the work/life balance you need
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays
• ‘On Board Benefits' Programme, providing a number of schemes such as cycle to work, technology savings, retail discounts, access to healthcare, house moving day, sports and social club
• Shares and profit share bonus scheme
• Development and Training at Safran University as well as Company Sponsorship
• STEM engagement with schools, colleges and universities and Charitable activities for all
• Free parking onsite
• With a focus on employee health and wellbeing, we have events running throughout the year as well as an onsite large, subsidised canteen/break area with indoor seating, bicycle storage and shower/changing facilities.
‘Offers of employment will be subject to a relevant level of company security vetting, which may include a criminal record check'
Specificity of the job
Locate your future workplace
Cheltenham Road East GL2 9QH
England United Kingdom
- © Safran