Working at Safran Landing Systems Services UK Ltd means being part of something bigger.
An enterprise that is shaping our future, a community of people who are passionate about their professions. An environment where we share the same values and goals to meet tomorrow's technological, environmental and social challenges. We are looking for 6 Manufacturing operatives to join our team.
• Working to aerospace specifications and internal processes, your main responsibilities will range from the Disassembly, Inspection, Machining, Assembly of landing gear and special plating processes.
• Our programme follows a structured Level 3 Extended Diploma in Engineering Manufacturing
– Advanced Machinist.
• The qualification is based on national occupational standards requiring you to demonstrate both engineering skills and knowledge, with the ability to organise work and identify and prevent problems.
• As a valued member of the team, your knowledge and skills will be utilised to assist our continuous improvement programme.
• In the first year you will spend time at a private local engineering training provider where the relevant qualification units will be delivered and assessed.
• The remaining three years of this qualification will be delivered and assessed within the workplace where you will be required to achieve a Level 3 Diploma in a minimum of two of the five disciplines. You will also spend time in other departments on placement rotations to support your individual training needs according to your Development Plan.
• The qualification will provide you with practical skills in Fitting, Boring, Turning, Assembly and Inspection. You will also be provided with the ‘theory' part of your apprenticeship; This will enable you to develop an excellent foundation in Engineering.
• Basic and Advanced engineering principles
• A minimum completion of 2 NVQ's
• Attainment of stamp
• Consistently agreeable behavioural reviews
• Successful completion of the endpoint assessment
Year 1: you will spend time at a private local Engineering training provider where the relevant qualification units will be delivered and assessed
Year 2-4: Will be delivered and assessed within the workplace where you will be required to achieve a Level 3 Diploma in a minimum of two of the five disciplines.
The qualification will provide you with practical skills in various manufacturing processes and product verification (CNC programming, Milling, Turning and Lathes).
You will also be provided with the ‘theory' part of your apprenticeship;
All of the above will enable you to develop an excellent foundation in Engineering.
• A minimum of 5 GCSE's, or equivalent, at level 9 – 4, including English, Maths and a science related subject.
• No prerequisite experience required but a demonstrable interest in engineering through school or hobby interests.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Demonstrable interest in an engineering discipline.
• To be I.T. literate and familiar with Microsoft “Word”, “Excel” or equivalent software.
• Ability to work efficiently and accurately.
• Highly motivated.
• Aptitude for practical engineering skills.
• Ability to solve problems.
Behaviours and Characteristics:
• The ability to work as a team member and possess good interpersonal, communication and literacy skills.
• To work with efficiency, accuracy and to be able to meet deadlines.
• To be able to prioritise workload and work under own initiative.
• High level of flexibility and dependability.
• Willingness to learn and take on new challenges.
• Adhering and complying with all Safran health and safety policies and procedures.
Note - During your apprenticeship, you will be working a combination of days and lates.
Post apprenticeship you may be required to work shift rotations comprising days, lates, nights, and when required weekends.
Specificity of the job
Time shared between the Safran Landing Systems Services site and the Training Providers site, both located in Gloucester.
Locate your future workplace
Meteor Business Park Cheltenham Road East GL2 9QL
England United Kingdom