SAFRAN LANDING SYSTEMS IS THE WORLD LEADER IN AIRCRAFT LANDING AND BRAKING SYSTEMS.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems. Our capabilities encompass the full life cycle of our products, ranging from design and manufacture to in-service support, repair and overhaul.
We are a partner to 30 leading commercial, military, business and regional airframers, and support over 27,000 aircraft making more than 60,000 landings every day. There are also more than 7,600 employees working in locations across Europe, North America and Asia.
Join our Team
Our employees are at the heart of our success; we offer a range of competitive benefits, hybrid working, Global career opportunities and Training and Development at our dedicated Safran University to help contribute to a safer and more sustainable aviation.
As a forward-looking company, Safran Landing Systems massively invests in Research & Development. Carbon brakes, titanium parts, composite materials, additive manufacturing, more electric systems, new surface treatments, external and internal partnerships and digital transformation are all the result of this permanent innovation effort, which enables the company to develop new products that are ever more cost-efficient, better for the environment, lighter, stronger and quieter.
You will work in a project role within an industrial engineering team and report to the industrial project manager. You will be responsible and accountable for various size industrial projects at Safran Landing Systems: these projects can be local or global and they can cover different areas of knowledge: software deployment, new asset implementation, industrialisation of new components, etc. Focus will be to lead industrialisations in case of change in design, new product introduction, or industrial transfers. Working either on your own or with cross-functional teams in Gloucester or across the business, you will manage the whole project and will deliver on time, on scope and on budget. You will be reporting to the industrial project manager but expected to give status updates and reports to teams and managers across the business.
Comfortable in a production environment, you will be given good autonomy as well as the chance to improve the project management toolset used on site and thanks to your project culture; you will come as a strong asset for the company.
• Basic knowledge in manufacturing processes: machining, assembly, special processes
• Excellent knowledge of project management processes (APM, PMI, Prince2, etc.)
• Previous experience in automotive or aerospace industries
• Good knowledge of industrialisation processes in an aerospace environment.
• Experience with APQP methodology including tools such as PFMEA, MSA, SPC, PPAP, and control plans
• Lean experience (Green Belt / Black belt) preferable
• Basic knowledge of SAP is advantageous but not essential
• Experience in production and cross-functional environment
• Excellent analytical skills
• Show practical approach to complex projects
• Capacity to identify blocking points and put corrective actions in place
• Excellent communication skills and in particular, capacity to generate people's involvement
• Able to lead without formal authority as the role involves working with a cross-functional team across the business
• Able to deliver content and manage stakeholders to all levels of the business, from shop floor to vice presidents.
• Capacity to take ownership on projects and propose solutions
• Have strong organisational, problem solving and communication skills
• Second language (French,…) appreciated although not essential
• Positive attitude towards development and learning new skills
At Safran Landing Systems, we pride ourselves on competitive flexible benefits that support our employees work/life balance enabling each person to contribute to the best of their ability.
• Hybrid Working and Flexible Working Scheme to attract and retain skilled employees that allows for the work/life balance you need
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays
• ‘On Board Benefits' Programme, providing a number of schemes such as cycle to work, technology savings, retail discounts, access to healthcare, house moving day, sports and social club
• Shares and profit share bonus scheme
• Development and Training at Safran University as well as Company Sponsorship
• STEM engagement with schools, colleges and universities and Charitable activities for all
• Free parking onsite
• With a focus on employee health and wellbeing, we have events running throughout the year as well as an onsite large, subsidised canteen/break area with indoor seating, bicycle storage and shower/changing facilities.
‘Offers of employment will be subject to a relevant level of company security vetting, which may include a criminal record check'
Specificity of the job
Locate your future workplace
Cheltenham Road East GL2 9QH
England United Kingdom
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 76,800 employees and sales of 15,3 billion euros in 2021 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and innovation roadmap.
Safran was ranked as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes magazine in 2021.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems. The company has partnerships with 20 airframers in civil, regional, commercial and military transport, and supports 27,000 aircraft.
- © Safran