SAFRAN LANDING SYSTEMS IS THE WORLD LEADER IN AIRCRAFT LANDING AND BRAKING SYSTEMS.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems. Our capabilities encompass the full life cycle of our products, ranging from design and manufacture to in-service support, repair and overhaul.
We are a partner to 30 leading commercial, military, business and regional airframers, and support over 27,000 aircraft making more than 60,000 landings every day. There are also more than 7,600 employees working in locations across Europe, North America and Asia.
Key aspects of this job include the following:
• Undertake analysis of surface and treated water and other discharge samples to verify batch release and determine permit and consent compliance.
• Co-ordinate the Risk assessment systems and records (including General Risk, COSHH & Ergonomics) including the prompting of reviews and progressing (via line management) the completion of identified actions.
• Provide support and advice to employees and managers in relation to Health and Safety and Environmental issues on site, involving other members of the HS&E team to provide specialist guidance when necessary.
• Support through collection of data and reporting of figures to the regulator, the verification of COMAH and environmental permit compliance.
• Undertake assessment of noise, vibration and air quality across the site in association with other HS&E Team members.
• Implement and drive continuous improvement of HS&E management systems on site through generation of procedures and working practices that support continuous improvement of HS&E performance.
• Support the Environmental Advisor with aspect and impact assessments and the operation of the ISO 14001 management system.
• Investigate accidents and spills on site, supporting departmental managers to undertake local investigations where appropriate and identify and implement corrective actions to prevent recurrence.
• Undertake Audits of the HS&E management systems, identify improvements and progress actions through to completion
• Provide reports and dashboards both to the HS&E Manager and to departments to support continuous monitoring and improvement processes.
• Provide HS&E input to site projects as and when required.
• Other reasonable duties as required by the department, as determined by HS&E Manager.
Join our Team
Our employees are at the heart of our success; we offer a range of competitive benefits, hybrid working, Global career opportunities and Training and Development at our dedicated Safran University to help contribute to a safer and more sustainable aviation.
As a forward-looking company, Safran Landing Systems massively invests in Research & Development. Carbon brakes, titanium parts, composite materials, additive manufacturing, more electric systems, new surface treatments, external and internal partnerships and digital transformation are all the result of this permanent innovation effort, which enables the company to develop new products that are ever more cost-efficient, better for the environment, lighter, stronger and quieter.
• Nebosh General Certificate or Equivalent
• IEMA Foundation certificate in Environmental Management or equivalent
• Understanding of COMAH
• Chemical testing or laboratory experience ideally
At Safran Landing Systems, we pride ourselves on competitive flexible benefits that support our employees work/life balance enabling each person to contribute to the best of their ability.
• Hybrid Working and Flexible Working Scheme to attract and retain skilled employees that allows for the work/life balance you need
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays
• ‘On Board Benefits' Programme, providing a number of schemes such as cycle to work, technology savings, retail discounts, access to healthcare, house moving day, sports and social club
• Shares and profit share bonus scheme
• Development and Training at Safran University as well as Company Sponsorship
• STEM engagement with schools, colleges and universities and Charitable activities for all
• Free parking onsite
• With a focus on employee health and wellbeing, we have events running throughout the year as well as an onsite large, subsidised canteen/break area with indoor seating, bicycle storage and shower/changing facilities.
‘Offers of employment will be subject to a relevant level of company security vetting, which may include a criminal record check'
Specificity of the job
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 76,800 employees and sales of 15,3 billion euros in 2021 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and innovation roadmap.
Safran was ranked as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes magazine in 2021.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems. The company has partnerships with 20 airframers in civil, regional, commercial and military transport, and supports 27,000 aircraft.
- © Safran