SAFRAN LANDING SYSTEMS IS THE WORLD LEADER IN AIRCRAFT LANDING AND BRAKING SYSTEMS.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems. Our capabilities encompass the full life cycle of our products, ranging from design and manufacture to in-service support, repair and overhaul.
We are a partner to 30 leading commercial, military, business and regional airframers, and support over 27,000 aircraft making more than 60,000 landings every day. There are also more than 7,600 employees working in locations across Europe, North America and Asia.
We are pleased to be recruiting for a Head of Continuous Improvement. In an increasingly competitive market our commitment to continuous improvement within all areas of our landing gear business is key to our success. Our remit reaches all functions within Safran Landing Systems, and our Continuous Improvement team is empowered to be the improvement conscience for the
Our chosen candidate will lead and drive Continuous Improvement and organisational change across the site, understanding and communicating the strategic vision at all levels in order to successfully achieve business objectives. As part of a wider global team your approach will be engaging, inspiring an innovative and agile approach across our workforce.
• Leads and drives Continuous Improvement across the Gloucester site, understanding and communicating the strategic vision at various organisational levels in order to successfully achieve business objectives.
• Leads and manages organisational change and utilises strategic planning and change management skills to implement and sustain change at various operational levels.
• Engages and influences the CI and Site Senior Leadership Team to identify key projects and deliverables to change the shape of the business and improve efficiency and effectiveness, tracking and reporting on key milestones.
• Identifies opportunities for improvements, develops project plans for implementing and identifies ways to monitor the new process to ensure they work as intended.
• Coaches and mentors the CI team and wider organisation on the use of Lean Six Sigma and continuous improvement tools.
• Identifies, coaches and supports Green and Black belts, including building up the Green & Black Belt/ Lean Six Sigma culture in order to promote and implement effectively Continuous Improvement at all levels within the business.
• Coach, support and influence the Site Senior Leadership Team on Quick Response Quality Control to successfully embed within the organisational culture.
• Shape improvement strategies including workshops, Kaizen events, BRPs (business recovery planning), complex problem solving, and risk mitigation.
• Establish, standardise and update the referential of CI processes, best practices, methods, tools and benchmarks.
• Trigger operational corrective, improvement, development, risk management processes.
• Set up effective process management and process maturity plans.
• Ensure that an appropriate communication strategy is in place and give regular feedback on plans and achievements.
• Set up cross functional team frameworks, ways of working, rules reports and build up an engagement strategy.
• Coordinate and enable SAFRAN+ results (global business improvement projects) as they apply to the Gloucester site
Join our Team
Our employees are at the heart of our success; we offer a range of competitive benefits, hybrid working, Global career opportunities and Training and Development at our dedicated Safran University to help contribute to a safer and more sustainable aviation.
As a forward-looking company, Safran Landing Systems massively invests in Research & Development. Carbon brakes, titanium parts, composite materials, additive manufacturing, more electric systems, new surface treatments, external and internal partnerships and digital transformation are all the result of this permanent innovation effort, which enables the company to develop new products that are ever more cost-efficient, better for the environment, lighter, stronger and quieter.
Candidate skills & requirements
Knowledge & Experience
• Prior experience leading implementation / organisational transformation through a line role,
quality, or continuous improvement environment.
• Ideally, experienced in complex engineering and manufacturing environment, including within
• Proven track record of leading and developing multi-function high performing teams at a Senior
• Experience in managing large, complex projects successfully.
• Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt essential
• University Bachelor's degree or equivalent preferred
• Programme / Project Management qualification, Prince, MSP, APM preferred
• Leadership Qualifications desirable
• Strong Coaching and Leadership Skills mandatory
• Six Sigma tools and methodologies
• Deep knowledge of Lean tools, philosophy and six sigma
• Continuous improvement processes
• Project management
• Change Management
• Experience in Management of team
• Encourages creativity, innovation & improvement
• Demonstrates strong situational judgement skills
• Makes excellent, timely and often complex decisions that keep the business moving forward
• Ability to influence and engage key stakeholders in the business
• Excellent knowledge of where value flows through the business
• Strong partnering and cross functional collaboration
• Has the ability to build strong working relationships / networks
• Highly adaptable and resilient against setbacks when facing challenging situations
• Highly effective communicator and deep listener
At Safran Landing Systems, we pride ourselves on competitive flexible benefits that support our employees work/life balance enabling each person to contribute to the best of their ability.
• Hybrid Working and Flexible Working Scheme to attract and retain skilled employees that allows for the work/life balance you need
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays
• ‘On Board Benefits' Programme, providing a number of schemes such as cycle to work, technology savings, retail discounts, access to healthcare, house moving day, sports and social club
• Shares and profit share bonus scheme
• Development and Training at Safran University as well as Company Sponsorship
• STEM engagement with schools, colleges and universities and Charitable activities for all
• Free parking onsite
• With a focus on employee health and wellbeing, we have events running throughout the year as well as an onsite large, subsidised canteen/break area with indoor seating, bicycle storage and shower/changing facilities.
‘Offers of employment will be subject to a relevant level of company security vetting, which may include a criminal record check'
Specificity of the job
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 76,800 employees and sales of 15,3 billion euros in 2021 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and innovation roadmap.
Safran was ranked as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes magazine in 2021.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems. The company has partnerships with 20 airframers in civil, regional, commercial and military transport, and supports 27,000 aircraft.
- © Safran