SAFRAN LANDING SYSTEMS IS THE WORLD LEADER IN AIRCRAFT LANDING AND BRAKING SYSTEMS.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems. Our capabilities encompass the full life cycle of our products, ranging from design and manufacture to in-service support, repair and overhaul.
We are a partner to 30 leading commercial, military, business and regional airframers, and support over 27,000 aircraft making more than 60,000 landings every day. There are also more than 7,600 employees working in locations across Europe, North America and Asia.
To conduct various Inspection tasks on goods delivered from our worldwide base of Suppliers either at Safran Landing Systems or voluntarily at the Suppliers premises. In addition to assist and help develop the Suppliers understanding of the Inspection Requirements which may also take place, voluntarily, at the Suppliers premises.
• Ensure inspection systems developed for purchased parts, based on Inspection Methods and customer specific requirements.
• Ensure timely and effective Inspection of purchased parts and maintain the backlog target.
• Assist, when possible, to determine effectiveness of all Supplier Corrective Actions (Product or Process) during visits to the Suppliers premises
• Conduct various levels of development activity to include Product, Process, and FAI / DVI audits at Suppliers, dependant on relevant experience.
• Offer guidance, within capabilities / knowledge to Suppliers on issues such as Inspection Methods, FAI / DVI, Paperwork Completion, Problem Solving etc
• Ensure no Supplier Defects proceed through to Assembly or Stores
• Participate, as necessary, in the development of QIS / SAP for enhanced statistical based sampling system for Inspection
• As appropriate conduct limited despatch / release activities for Military and OE Spares
• Assist in conducting Inspection activities relating to Product Quality Investigations
• Provide assistance, when requested, to aid the smooth transition of parts moving from one Supplier to another.
• Provide guidance to Supplier Assurance Engineers
• Promote the development of lean techniques throughout the team and the Supply base
• Understand the compilation of manufacturing layouts regarding the correct sequence of Operations and, achieve a basic understanding of the application of Special Processes.
• Ensure QIS is populated with the Cost of Non Quality charges where applicable.
• Knowledge of GRP0087 / ISO 9100 and AS9102 quality system implementation.
• Written and oral communication skills
• Being capable of delivering Training and Facilitation in relation to the role.
• Computer literate
• Company product knowledge
• Company organisational knowledge
• Basic understanding of NDT, Heat Treatments, Chemical Processes, Shot Peening etc through attendance at one day awareness sessions.
• Team player
• Proactive / Work with minimal supervision
• Change management
• Methodical and attentive to detail
Join our Team
Our employees are at the heart of our success; we offer a range of competitive benefits, hybrid working, Global career opportunities and Training and Development at our dedicated Safran University to help contribute to a safer and more sustainable aviation.
As a forward-looking company, Safran Landing Systems massively invests in Research & Development. Carbon brakes, titanium parts, composite materials, additive manufacturing, more electric systems, new surface treatments, external and internal partnerships and digital transformation are all the result of this permanent innovation effort, which enables the company to develop new products that are ever more cost-efficient, better for the environment, lighter, stronger and quieter.
At Safran Landing Systems, we pride ourselves on competitive flexible benefits that support our employees work/life balance enabling each person to contribute to the best of their ability.
• Hybrid Working and Flexible Working Scheme to attract and retain skilled employees that allows for the work/life balance you need
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays
• ‘On Board Benefits' Programme, providing a number of schemes such as cycle to work, technology savings, retail discounts, access to healthcare, house moving day, sports and social club
• Shares and profit share bonus scheme
• Development and Training at Safran University as well as Company Sponsorship
• STEM engagement with schools, colleges and universities and Charitable activities for all
• Free parking onsite
• With a focus on employee health and wellbeing, we have events running throughout the year as well as an onsite large, subsidised canteen/break area with indoor seating, bicycle storage and shower/changing facilities.
‘Offers of employment will be subject to a relevant level of company security vetting, which may include a criminal record check'
Specificity of the job
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 76,800 employees and sales of 15,3 billion euros in 2021 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and innovation roadmap.
Safran was ranked as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes magazine in 2021.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems. The company has partnerships with 20 airframers in civil, regional, commercial and military transport, and supports 27,000 aircraft.
- © Safran