Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems.
To conduct various Inspection tasks on goods delivered from our worldwide base of Suppliers either at M-DL or at the Suppliers premises. This role reports to the Inspection Team Leader - Goods Receiving.
• Ensure inspection systems developed for purchased parts, based on Inspection Methods recommendations, are adhered to
• Ensure timely and effective Inspection of purchased parts
• Determine effectiveness of all Supplier Corrective Actions (Product, Process or System)
• Conduct Development activity to include Product, Process, System and FAI audits at Suppliers
• Conduct specific training of Suppliers e.g. Development of Inspection Methods, FAI, Paperwork Completion, Problem Solving etc
• Ensure no Supplier Defects proceed through to Assembly or Stores
• Participate, as necessary, in the development of QIS for enhanced statistical based sampling system for Inspection
• Ensure timely closure of effective Corrective Actions
• As appropriate conduct limited despatch / release activities
• Participate in ensuring the smooth transition of parts moving from one Supplier to another
• Provide guidance to the Supplier Assurance Engineer Team
• Promote the development of lean techniques throughout the team and the Supply base
• Understand the compilation of manufacturing layouts regarding the correct sequence of Operations and achieve a basic understanding of the application of Special Processes
In addition to the current justification the role will also encompass,
• Supporting the inspection of supply chain parts in-loaded into the Gloucester manufacturing areas for final machining or additional processing and
• Training of new inspectors in the processes and disciplines required within the inspection area
• To become a regulatory signatory and participate in flexible working between goods receiving and CS spares dependant on workload demands.
• Knowledge of PRIDE and ISO 9100 quality system implementation, audit process.
• Written and oral communication skills
• Training and facilitation capabilities
• Computer literate
• Company product knowledge
• Company organisational knowledge
• Basic understanding of NDT, Heat Treatments, Chemical Processes, Shot Peening etc
• Team player
• Proactive / Work with little supervision
• Change management
• Methodical and attentive to detail
‘Offers of employment will be subject to a relevant level of company security vetting, which may include a criminal record check'
Specificity of the job
Locate your future workplace
Cheltenham Road East GL2 9QH
England United Kingdom