SAFRAN LANDING SYSTEMS IS THE WORLD LEADER IN AIRCRAFT LANDING AND BRAKING SYSTEMS.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems. Our capabilities encompass the full life cycle of our products, ranging from design and manufacture to in-service support, repair and overhaul.
We are a partner to 30 leading commercial, military, business and regional airframers, and support over 27,000 aircraft making more than 60,000 landings every day. There are also more than 7,600 employees working in locations across Europe, North America and Asia.
Join our Team
Our employees are at the heart of our success; we offer a range of competitive benefits, hybrid working, Global career opportunities and Training and Development at our dedicated Safran University to help contribute to a safer and more sustainable aviation.
As a forward-looking company, Safran Landing Systems massively invests in Research & Development. Carbon brakes, titanium parts, composite materials, additive manufacturing, more electric systems, new surface treatments, external and internal partnerships and digital transformation are all the result of this permanent innovation effort, which enables the company to develop new products that are ever more cost-efficient, better for the environment, lighter, stronger and quieter.
As a Field Service Support Engineer, you will be responsible for the technical support (repair and component replacement) of our Landing Gear products at our customer's Final Assembly Line (FAL), holding a company stamp to sign off your work. You will be responsible for providing a first class level of customer support to ensure both SLS and our customer's deliveries are maintained. To achieve this you will need to form strong relationships with both internal and external teams, and work together to achieve the best solution.
During your time within the office, you will work with the Product Support Engineering team and will be responsible for answering customer queries, and compiling bespoke repairs in order to keep our customer's aircraft flying.
A role as a FSSE offers –
• A unique mix of hands-on and back office work
• Opportunities for international travel
• Job satisfaction of knowing that you have personally contributed to the recovery/repair of our products in order to satisfy our customers
• Opportunities to work on multiple Safran Landing Systems products
Below are the key responsibilities of the role. Please note these are not limited to:
• Disassembly, assembly and testing of complex landing gear systems at customers' FALs
• Holding a company signatory stamp with the responsibility to release Landing Gears and components back in to service under the appropriate airworthiness authority
• Understanding airworthiness, certification and regulations
• Provisioning, controlling and maintaining specialised tooling for off-site interventions
• Be a company ambassador for Safran whilst on Customers' premises ensuring effective communication and professionalism at all times
• Compiling risk assessments prior to interventions, and in the field
• Technical query support to airframer/customer support centres/airlines
• Generating bespoke documentation such as on-wing repairs and technical recommendations for our airline customers
Knowledge/Experience/Key skills required for the role. Please note these are not limited to:
• Engineering Apprenticeship, plus 3 years' experience in an aviation environment or equivalent
• Experience of working with Safran Landing Systems Landing Gear products (on-wing experience desirable)
• Be able to travel at short notice to worldwide destinations, with no restrictions
• High level of dexterity with attention for detail
• Be able to interpret Component Maintenance Manuals, Technical Drawings & instructions
• Be able to work successfully within a team
• Have a customer mind-set mentality & take pride in delivering a quality solution to our customers
• Be able to manage a changing workload and tasks on a daily basis
• Be able to form & maintain strong relationships
• Have good problem solving skills
• Have the ability to take own initiative and have a proactive approach
• Have excellent communication skills
• Have the ability to work well under pressure
• Efficient in computer skills
• Be willing to undertake training and develop new skills
At Safran Landing Systems, we pride ourselves on competitive flexible benefits that support our employees work/life balance enabling each person to contribute to the best of their ability.
• Hybrid Working and Flexible Working Scheme to attract and retain skilled employees that allows for the work/life balance you need
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays
• ‘On Board Benefits' Programme, providing a number of schemes such as cycle to work, technology savings, retail discounts, access to healthcare, house moving day, sports and social club
• Shares and profit share bonus scheme
• Development and Training at Safran University as well as Company Sponsorship
• STEM engagement with schools, colleges and universities and Charitable activities for all
• Free parking onsite
• With a focus on employee health and wellbeing, we have events running throughout the year as well as an onsite large, subsidised canteen/break area with indoor seating, bicycle storage and shower/changing facilities.
‘Offers of employment will be subject to a relevant level of company security vetting, which will include a criminal record check'
Specificity of the job
Global travel required as part of role
Locate your future workplace
Cheltenham Road East GL2 9QH
England United Kingdom
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 76,800 employees and sales of 15,3 billion euros in 2021 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and innovation roadmap.
Safran was ranked as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes magazine in 2021.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems. The company has partnerships with 20 airframers in civil, regional, commercial and military transport, and supports 27,000 aircraft.
- © Safran