Job Title Facilities Electrician
Location Gloucester, UK
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems and is at the forefront of contributing to safer, more sustainable aviation for current and future generations. We design, test, manufacture and assemble landing gear used on commercial aircraft including Airbus and Boeing, and UK military aircraft such as the Eurofighter Typhoon. Gloucester is home to the UK division and has been a leader of cutting edge landing gear technology for over 90 years, since the innovative designs of Sir George Dowty. YOU can be a part of our legacy …
What will I be doing?
Gloucester's Facilities Electrician performs a vital role within Safran's ability to ensure all of the Sites vital facilities are functioning in line with HSE, Planned Maintenance and all Regulatory requirements. Operating in this high-pressure environment with tight deadlines and changing demands, your main responsibility will be to install, maintain, repair, test and replace any item of electrical equipment and to support any type of project work required during any installations. These activities are to be carried out in a manner that conforms to any Regulatory requirements from an External body and comply with any Internal Policy & Procedures.
• Support Site Maintenance of the Electrical Distribution Systems on the Gloucester Site, whilst complying with any HSE requirements.
• Work Order management via Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS) CarlSource
• Support of all Audit requirements, where applicable
• Support of statutory periodic testing & inspection.
• Adherence to Safe Systems of Working.
• Supply Technical Support.
• Support for all Major Site Installations/Development reference to Capital Expenditure requirements covering Plant & Equipment.
• Support all Budgetary requirements.
• Support the team's deliverables in terms of Quality, Cost, Delivery and HS&E.
• Supporting action plans to resolve issues, which affect the Department's ability to deliver.
What we will give you?
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays, plus the option to buy/sell annual leave
• Annual bonus & Share scheme options
• Pension scheme (up to 8% match) and life assurance (4x salary)
• Onsite parking, including EV chargers, subsidised restaurant, bicycle storage and shower/changing facilities
• Our Benefits Portal offers a number of schemes including: cycle to work, technology & retail savings, access to healthcare & wellbeing services, discounted gym memberships and more!
• Global and local career progression opportunities and training & development programmes
• STEM engagement with schools, colleges and universities and Charitable activities for all
• Social events throughout the year, and access to Dowty Sports and Social clubs
Safran was ranked globally as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes magazine in 2021.
Our employees are at the heart of our success and we work together towards Four People Fundamentals that underpin life at Safran:
• We believe in and promote diversity and inclusion as key values across our business
• We develop our colleagues skills and build opportunities so you can shape our future
• We create a trustworthy work place to support you, as you dare to act and innovate
• We encourage collaboration and mutual support for you and your colleague
What do you need from me?
• Appropriate Electrical Technical Qualifications.
• Apprentice Trained.
• NVQ3 or equivalent standard achieved.
• AM2 desirable.
• Testing & Inspection experience.
• Fault finding, Corrective & Preventative Maintenance experience.
• Installation experience (SWA Cabling, Conduit, Trunking)
• Experience in Variable Speed Drives.
• Experience with 3-Phase equipment.
• Working at height/Ladder certified.
• MEWP Certified. Desirable.
• Ability to read Electrical Drawings.
• CMMS awareness. CarlSource. Desirable.
• High Voltage experience. Desirable.
• Health, Safety and Environmental understanding.
• Proactive approach.
• Team Player.
• Working on own initiative.
What's my next step?
Please apply by uploading a CV, and if your experience matches what we're looking for, one of our recruitment team will give you a call
Diversity & Inclusion
We want Safran Landing Systems to be a workplace where everyone feels valued, can be themselves and know they can reach their full potential. We embrace and celebrate our differences through various initiatives and support colleagues through a number of staff networks.
We're committed to building a strong, diverse workforce and making Safran Landing Systems an inclusive place to work.
‘Offers of employment will be subject to a relevant level of company security vetting, which may include a criminal record check'
Specificity of the job
Locate your future workplace
Cheltenham Road East GL2 9QH
England United Kingdom