As part of the Operations Salvage Team the Strip operative is responsible for dismantling aircraft landing gears down to individual components. This includes the stripping of paint and cleaning of parts to deliver on time to the Inspection, NDT and MFF process areas.
• Disassembling complex mechanical parts
• Setting up tooling fixtures and assist in new tooling design
• Use of general hand, pneumatic and small electrical tooling
• Wet and dry Paint Stripping, degreasing and cleaning components
• Following component maintenance manuals and engineering layout information in order to determine methods and sequences of operations needed to disassemble complex components
• Use of Forklift
• Conform to COSHH regulations and safe use of chemicals
• Ensuring work areas is to 5S standards
• Experienced in dismantling Mechanical Parts
• Excellent communication skills
• High attention to detail with strong quality awareness
• Good computer skills
• Team working ethics
• Self-managing and reliant
• Good problem solving skills
• Must be willing to train and take on board new skills
• An understanding of Lean Sigma disciplines and 5s principles
• Involvement in continuous improvement activities to reduce shop processing times and manufacturing hours
• You will be required to work shift rotations comprising of Days, Lates, Nights and when required Weekends
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 76,800 employees and sales of 15,3 billion euros in 2021 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and innovation roadmap.
Safran was ranked as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes magazine in 2021.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems. The company has partnerships with 20 airframers in civil, regional, commercial and military transport, and supports 27,000 aircraft.
- © Safran