Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems and is at the forefront of contributing to safer, more sustainable aviation for current and future generations. We design, test, manufacture and assemble landing gear used on commercial aircraft including Airbus and Boeing, and UK military aircraft such as the Eurofighter Typhoon. Gloucester is home to the UK division and has been a leader of cutting edge of landing gear technology for over 90 years, since the innovative designs of Sir George Dowty. YOU can be a part of our legacy …
What will I be doing?
Safran Lading Systems in Gloucester is looking for a Continuous Improvement Specialist to be responsible for energising and improving the organisation, using Lean Tools and problem solving methodologies to positively impact on Cost, Quality, Delivery Performance, Cash and Customer Satisfaction.
You will work closely with cross-functional teams to drive continuous improvement throughout the organisation, and to promote sharing best practice.
This is a great development opportunity where Green Belt/Black Belt training will be offered.
• Support single or cross-functional business improvement projects across the organisation
• Lead & support improvement related events including One Safran, Kaizen, problem solving workshops and process development
• Act as a CI Focal for one or more areas across the organisation
• Oversee improvement activities ensuring effective utilisation of Lean toolset and compliance with standards
• Oversee activities relating to employee engagement & empowerment in improvement ensuring compliance with SAFRAN standards
• Sharing of best practices and knowledge of Lean Tools and Problem solving methodologies across the organisation
What we will give you?
• Flexible working hours with an early finish on a Friday (4.5 day working week)
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays, plus the option to buy/sell annual leave
• Profit sharing annual bonus
• Our Shares scheme
• Pension scheme (up to 8% match)
• Onsite parking, including EV chargers, subsidised restaurant, Costa, bicycle storage and shower/changing facilities
• Our Benefits Portal offers a number of schemes including: cycle to work, technology & retail savings, access to healthcare & wellbeing services, discounted gym memberships and more!
• Global and local career progression opportunities and training & development programmes
• STEM engagement with schools, colleges and universities and Charitable activities for all
• Social events throughout the year, and access to Dowty Sports and Social clubs
Safran was ranked globally as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes magazine in 2021.
Our employees are at the heart of our success and we work together towards Four People Fundamentals that underpin life at Safran:
• We believe in and promote diversity and inclusion as key values across our business
• We develop our colleagues skills and build opportunities so you can shape our future
• We create a trustworthy work place to support you, as you dare to act and innovate
• We encourage collaboration and mutual support for you and your colleagues
What do you need from me?
• Experience in CI, project and change management in an industrial environment (e.g. Production, Supply Chain, Engineering, Quality)
• Good stakeholder management at all levels
• Good training and facilitation skills
• Proficiency in the use of common software packages including Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Visio, Power BI and Project).
• Experienced in Lean tool deployment eg 5S, Set-up Reduction, Kaizen Methodologies, Time Observations, Value Stream Mapping, Standard work development, QRQC, NVA identification, Process Mapping, TPM, Percent Load Charts, Takt
• Problem Solving Methodologies: 8D, A3, 5 Why, Ishikawa
• Customer focused and results oriented
• Good influential skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Takes initiative and proactive approach
• Works collaboratively with the wider CI Team
• Good rapport building across the business
What's my next step?
Please apply by uploading a CV and cover letter, and if your experience matches what we're looking for, one of our recruitment team will give you a call
Diversity & Inclusion
We want Safran Landing Systems to be a workplace where everyone feels valued, can be themselves and know they can reach their full potential. We embrace and celebrate our differences through various initiatives and support colleagues through a number of staff networks.
We're committed to building a strong, diverse workforce and making Safran Landing Systems an inclusive place to work.
‘Offers of employment will be subject to a relevant level of company security vetting, which may include a criminal record check'
Specificity of the job
Locate your future workplace
Cheltenham Road East GL2 9QH
England United Kingdom