SAFRAN LANDING SYSTEMS IS THE WORLD LEADER IN AIRCRAFT LANDING AND BRAKING SYSTEMS.
Reporting to the Assembly Methods Manager you will be responsible for leading and coordinating the improvement and deployment activities when applicable for the software and applications used in the assembly department (PLM – Product Life Management, MEDS – Manufacturing Engineering Data System, MES – Manufacturing Execution System, PowerBI, etc…).
• You will represent the assembly department in site or global workgroups set up to share experience and best practices, prepare deployment activities, etc.
• You will coordinate training activity on those systems for the Assembly personnel where applicable.
• You will coordinate non-regression testing activities on software upgrades or modifications when and where applicable.
• You will support cross-site deployment activities when required.
• You will develop a network of key users within the department in order to develop expertise and problem solving aptitude.
• You will provide visibility on changes coming and build a roadmap with key activities and resource needed.
• You will provide clear visibility of the work progress: risk analysis, training, support needed, migration steps, etc…
• implement development approaches and validation/integration/verification phases
• draft and maintain development plans
• identify technical and scheduling risks, implement and manage risk-reduction actions
• manage development within the company and at subcontractors
• prepare and present certification files
• manage compliance reviews of specifications, verification procedures and code
• ensure skills development and knowledge capitalization within the assembly teams
Architecture and development:
• draw up software specifications in terms of functionality and performance, human-machine
• interfaces and user-friendliness, with associated justifications
• design and develop components, select and integrate COTS or open-source components and simulate software architectures and the filters and adjustments needed to achieve the requisite performance
• design architectures in accordance with the platform (embedded or non-embedded software), network architectures, database architectures and corresponding data security measures
• prepare the justification files
• generate the necessary code, either manually or using automatic code generation tools
• Integration and verification:
• draw up software test plans and verification procedures and associated test scenarios
• integrate software modules with each other and with the hardware
• use simulation tools to verify specifications
• tabulate and analyze verification and qualification results, internally and/or with the customer,
• and produce the test justification file
Why Join Safran?
Our employees are at the heart of our success, and we pride ourselves on competitive flexible benefits and activities that support our employee's. These include:
• Flexible working hours
• Benefits Portal offering a range of benefits (e.g. life assurance, cycle to work, technology savings, retail discounts, access to healthcare & wellbeing services, house moving day)
• Safran share scheme
• Profit sharing scheme
• Career progression opportunities and sponsorship of training courses
• Opportunity to be involved in Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives
• Great facilities including free parking onsite (electric car charging points available), subsidised canteen/break area, bicycle storage and shower/changing facilities.
Candidate skills and requirements
• Understanding & experience of working with MES systems
• Experience of leading new software deployments
• Understanding the production process
• Understanding of data flow in relation with technical documentation on the shopfloor
• Business Awareness
Key Behavioural Competencies Required:
• Personal Drive
• Team Working
• Communication (internal and external)
‘Offers of employment will be subject to a relevant level of company security vetting, which may include a criminal record check'
Specificity of the job
Locate your future workplace
Cheltenham Road East GL2 9QH
England United Kingdom