SAFRAN LANDING SYSTEMS IS THE WORLD LEADER IN AIRCRAFT LANDING AND BRAKING SYSTEMS.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems. Our capabilities encompass the full life cycle of our products, ranging from design and manufacture to in-service support, repair and overhaul.
We are a partner to 30 leading commercial, military, business and regional airframers, and support over 27,000 aircraft making more than 60,000 landings every day. There are also more than 7,600 employees working in locations across Europe, North America and Asia.
Join our Team
Our employees are at the heart of our success; we offer a range of competitive benefits, hybrid working, Global career opportunities and Training and Development at our dedicated Safran University to help contribute to a safer and more sustainable aviation.
As a forward-looking company, Safran Landing Systems massively invests in Research & Development. Carbon brakes, titanium parts, composite materials, additive manufacturing, more electric systems, new surface treatments, external and internal partnerships and digital transformation are all the result of this permanent innovation effort, which enables the company to develop new products that are ever more cost-efficient, better for the environment, lighter, stronger and quieter.
• Support new product introductions and new production operations
• Manage projects which include new production equipment/tooling, process improvements and cost reductions activities
• Participate in design reviews throughout each phase of the new product introduction process and make improvement suggestions
• Organise and manage review meetings with peers and shop floor personnel
• Conduct Process FMEAs, root cause analysis and process validations (PPAP Process)
• Present progress / achievements of projects to the wider community and various management levels
• Improve product quality, labour/assets efficiency and production lead-time through the use of lean manufacturing and assembly principles
• Support the Non Conformance Process (production of rework instructions)
• Support deployment of Digital assembly routines in the assembly shop (paperless Project)
• Positive attitude towards development and learning new skills
• Be innovative, creative and work with minimal direction
• Lean experience
• Work effectively with cross-functional teams and within your own team
• Have strong organisational, problem solving and communication skills with various levels in the business
• Have the ability to write technical reports clearly and accurately (in English)
• Knowledge of CATIA V5 or equivalent CAD software
• Knowledge of 3D Experience/Delmia (Dassault Systems)
• Sound knowledge of HSE and ergonomic requirements
• Knowledge of current and future industrial technologies and their capabilities
• Experience of working in Assembly environment using Flow Line/Pulse line methodologies
At Safran Landing Systems, we pride ourselves on competitive flexible benefits that support our employees work/life balance enabling each person to contribute to the best of their ability.
• Hybrid Working and Flexible Working Scheme to attract and retain skilled employees that allows for the work/life balance you need
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays
• ‘On Board Benefits' Programme, providing a number of schemes such as cycle to work, technology savings, retail discounts, access to healthcare, house moving day, sports and social club
• Shares and profit share bonus scheme
• Development and Training at Safran University as well as Company Sponsorship
• STEM engagement with schools, colleges and universities and Charitable activities for all
• Free parking onsite
• With a focus on employee health and wellbeing, we have events running throughout the year as well as an onsite large, subsidised canteen/break area with indoor seating, bicycle storage and shower/changing facilities.
‘Offers of employment will be subject to a relevant level of company security vetting, which may include a criminal record check'
Specificity of the job
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 76,800 employees and sales of 15,3 billion euros in 2021 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and innovation roadmap.
Safran was ranked as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes magazine in 2021.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems. The company has partnerships with 20 airframers in civil, regional, commercial and military transport, and supports 27,000 aircraft.
- © Safran