Invent the solutions of tomorrow in the aerospace and defence industry, with an international group where innovation, teamwork, and continuing, daily education are fundamental values. Join Safran!
What will I be doing?
Safran Landing Systems in Gloucester is looking for a strong project leader with experience in the manufacturing processes.
As a Project Leader in our Assembly team, you will be responsible for various size industrial projects for Safran Landing Systems.
Reporting to the Assembly Methods Manager, you will lead industrialisations related to changes in design, new product introduction, new asset implementation, industrialisation of new components, or industrial transfers, working on both local and large global projects.
This is a great opportunity for someone who has an eye for continuous improvement and making a difference.
Working either on your own or with cross-functional teams in Gloucester or across the business, you will manage the whole project and will deliver on time, on scope and on budget, giving status updates and reports to teams and managers across the business.
With more than 76,800 employees, in 276 locations across 27 countries, we're a global leader in the Aerospace, Defence and Space industries. Our mission is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible.
Our employees are at the heart of our success, as we work together for our sustainable future. There are four People Fundamentals that underpin life at Safran:
• We believe in and promote diversity and inclusion as key values across our business
• We develop our colleagues skills and build opportunities so you can shape our future
• We create a trustworthy work place to support you, as you dare to act and innovate
• We encourage collaboration and mutual support for you and your colleagues
As a valued member of our team, these are just a few of the benefits you'll receive:
• Hybrid/Flexible working hours with an early finish on a Friday (4.5 day working week)
• A 5 week holiday entitlement, option to buy/sell annual leave
• Pension scheme, up to 8% match
• Profit sharing annual bonus
• Our dedicated Benefits Portal with a range of lifestyle benefits, including life assurance, cycle to work, technology savings, retail discounts, access to healthcare & wellbeing services, house moving day)
• Global and local career progression opportunities and sponsorship of training courses
• And much more!
What do you need from me?
• Basic knowledge in manufacturing processes: machining, assembly, special processes
• Excellent knowledge of project management processes (qualification or experience) (APM, PMI, Prince2, etc.)
• Previous experience in automotive or aerospace industries
• Ability to demonstrate good knowledge of industrialisation processes in an aerospace environment: PPAP, FMEA and APQP
• Ability to read and analyse technical drawings and specifications
• Experience in a cross-functional environment
• Experience of working with LEAN tools
• Ability to use data to find root cause
What's my next step?
Please apply to submit your CV and cover letter, and one of our team will be in touch if you have the experience we're looking for.
Diversity and Inclusion
We want Safran Landing Systems to be a workplace where everyone feels valued, can be themselves and know they can reach their full potential. We embrace and celebrate our differences through various initiatives and support colleagues through a number of staff networks.
We're committed to building a strong, diverse workforce and making Safran Landing Systems an inclusive place to work.
‘Offers of employment will be subject to a relevant level of company security vetting, which may include a criminal record check'
Specificity of the job
Locate your future workplace
Cheltenham Road East GL2 9QH
England United Kingdom