Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems and is at the forefront of contributing to safer, more sustainable aviation for current and future generations.
Our Maintenance Repair and Overhaul (MRO) organisation partner with a range of global customers, working closely with major airlines such as British Airways, easyJet, Wizz Air, Iberia, Vueling, Air Canada, Etihad and Qatar.
Salary: £33,144 rising to £35,123 upon completion of stamp (roughly 6 months)
What will I be doing?
As an Assembly Fitter your role is to be able to assemble and test A320 single aisle family landing gears, and be part of a wider team to complete the required quantity of shipsets per week to meet our customer's expectations. You will deliver a product in line with quality, cost, and delivery.
Our Gloucester site is a centre of excellence, dedicated to the maintenance, repair and overhaul of landing gears and associated components for civil, military and helicopter aircraft. With over 220 employees, the team support the overhaul of more than 350 legs per year, with a dedicated team of engineers to support customers on-wing when issues emerge in service.
Our employees are at the heart of our success, as we work together for our sustainable future. There are four people fundamentals that underpin life at Safran:
• We believe in and promote diversity and inclusion as key values across our business
• We develop our colleagues skills and build opportunities so you can shape our future
• We create a trustworthy work place to support you, as you dare to act and innovate
• We encourage collaboration and mutual support for you and your colleagues
Safran Landing Systems Services offers a range of benefits to support you in and out of the workplace:
• We work a shorter day on a Friday!
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays, plus the option to buy and sell holiday
• Annual bonus & Share scheme options
• Pension scheme (up to 8% match) and life assurance (4x salary)
• Benefits portal - health and wellbeing, lifestyle, technology and self-development courses.
• On-site parking, self-service restaurant and chill-out area with games
• Involvement in STEM and community activities, inter-company sporting events and wellbeing initiatives
What do you need from me?
• Engineering Apprenticeship or equivalent ideally gained within Aerospace or Automotive
• Knowledge of working with and assembling aircraft Landing Gears
• Experience in reading component maintenance manuals, drawings, engineering layouts and additions to the original design such as Service Bulletins, Service Letters and Airworthiness Directives
• Ability to build and test complex Landing Gear sub-assemblies and Landing gears complete
• Ability to use a wide range of precision measuring and test equipment
• Have an understanding of basic electrical circuitry for fitment and test of harness/switches etc
• Responsibility and confidence to sign and stamp off own work for safe release back into flight service in line with all relevant build documentation
• Strong computer skills
• Strong mathematical skills
• Articulate with a high level of dexterity, integrity and excellent team working ethics
• A self-starter and ability to self-manage and work with initiative in a conscientious manner
• Good problem solving skills, not easily flustered
• Flexible and committed approach
• Motivated to develop skill set and take on-board new skills constantly
• An understanding of Lean Sigma disciplines and 5s principles
What's my next step?
Please apply by uploading a CV and cover letter, and if your experience matches what we're looking for, one of our recruitment team will give you a call
Diversity & Inclusion
We want Safran Landing Systems Services to be a workplace where everyone feels valued, can be themselves and know they can reach their full potential. We embrace and celebrate our differences through various initiatives and support colleagues through a number of staff networks.
We're committed to building a strong, diverse workforce and making Safran Landing Systems Services an inclusive place to work.
Specificity of the job
Locate your future workplace
Cheltenham Road East GL2 9QL
England United Kingdom