In order to develop and expand the capabilities of SAFRAN Engineering Services in the UK, an Stress Engineer vacancy is open to support developments of Aerospace Cabin interior activities
o Responsible for inspecting the CAD data received from designers prior to the
creation of meshing.
o Independently meshing the components using Altair tools and responsible for the quality checks defined per internal design validation guidelines for meshing
o Will set up the model for static and quasi static for loading conditions using Altair tools.
o Analyse the test data to implement proper engineering approach into the FE model for further improvements.
o Implement analytical approach and establish correlation with actual test data.
o Perform FEA on detail parts and assemblies to verify compliance with structural and occupant injury criteria.
o Perform necessary linear/non-linear static analysis.
o Perform Pre and Post processing.
o Validate model and establish correlation.
o Comply with company and certification procedures
o Document all design validation work and maintain database.
o Ensures quality of model, analysis and on time completion.
o Provides status and schedule updates to department head and other appropriate entities on a regular basis.
o Answer any query from the customer on the deliverables
o Ensure the customer satisfaction.
o Attend Technical meetings with customer and with SES partners.
o Ensure the good communication between the customer stakeholders and the Safran Engineering Services teams.
Degree level or equivalent in Aeronautical or Mechanical Engineering.
5 Years of Experience in Aeronautical domain.
- Must be pro-active, flexible, an effective team player and above all else a confident communicator
- Be able to manage and track their own work load (and that of others if managing off shore resource) and be able to work without the need of guidelines and processes
- Must have an understanding of and be comfortable with carrying out linear and non-linear static stress analysis
- Must be proficient in the use of the Altair HyperWorks software suite, specifically HyperMesh and HyperView with a strong familiarity with Optistruct and/or Msc Nastran preferable
- Use of HyperCrash and Radioss for dynamic/crash analysis is a bonus
- Must be proficient in carrying out hand calculations using classical stress analysis methods
- Knowledge of interiors would be very helpful
- Knowledge of composites (particularly sandwich panel construction) would be helpful
- Must have a strong background in basic structural engineering such as free body diagrams and strength of materials.
- Must have broad understanding of finite element analysis and fatigue methods.
- Must have FEA experience using Altair HyperWorks suite or ANSYS. Experience with NASTRAN or ABAQUS is preferred.
- Knowledge of stochastic/statistical tools (DOE) and Optimization tools is preferred.
- Knowledge of composites is preferred.
- Knowledge of seats modelling is preferred
- Knowledge of topology along with weight and shape optimization using Opti-Struct is preferred.
- Must have strong mechanical aptitude.
- Must be detail oriented and have sound engineering judgment.
- Must be self-motivated and a self-starter.
- Must be able to communicate efficiently in writing and verbally.
- Must be able to operate standard office equipment.
- Must be able to generate technical reports.
- Must be willing to perform tests and some physical work at the test laboratory, as required.
- Basic CATIA skill is preferred.
- Familiarity with FAA regulations, Boeing/Airbus specifications is preferred.
- Drawing reading and understanding
- Damage Allowable mapping creation
- Configuration management
- Aeronautical knowledge in mechanical stress calculation and design knowledge.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Visio, Acrobat.
- Knowledge in Patran/Nastran/Abaqus/ANSYS (or equivalent FEM software), Catia
- Ability to work effectively within an integrated project team
- Customer focused/Able to establish credibility with internal and external customers
- Team oriented, self-motivated and willing to take responsibility
- Able to work to tight, demanding deadlines and customer demands
- Good written and oral Communication skills
Specificity of the job
Availabilty to commute or relocate near job location
Locate your future workplace
Cheltenham Road East GL2 9QH
Wales United Kingdom
- © Safran