In order to develop and expand the capabilities of SAFRAN Engineering Services in the UK, a Design Engineer Lead vacancy is open to support developments of Aerospace Cabin interior activities
• Manage the execution of the work packages identified and ensure the convergence of the delivery plans with customer requirements.
• Define integrated design solutions for new components/assemblies and modifications to existing components (Composites and metallic).
• Optimise the design solutions, based on the correct balance of cost, quality, manufacturability, serviceability and performance.
• Provide evidence of design compliance with Technical specifications (DFMEA, testing,…). Ensure own quality of deliveries, verify, check and sign off on Program co-workers' engineering drawings.
• Produce engineering schemes, models and drawings for components/assemblies in line with the requirements of the Programme.
• Identify Workpackage opportunities of work, and under the supervision/guidance of the Project Manager, act as a focal with Customer to propose and lead a Front/Back office model.
• Prepare drawings and other engineering data required for the manufacturing of the product and data submittal to the customer.
• To work rigorously to Safran group procedures.
• To communicate effectively with co-worker, customer and suppliers
Degree level or equivalent, MSc preferred, with a minimum of 5 years of experience in Design of Composite and/or metallic components.
- Excellent knowledge of Aerospace Cabin Interior Systems (Galleys, Seats,..)
- Excellent knowledge of computerized design and analysis methods (CATIA V5)
- Experience with GD&T (tolerance stack up)
- Good experience of aerospace Composite (honeycomb) /Metallic materials and manufacturing processes
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office
- Knowledge of Smarteam
- Customer focused/Ability to establish credibility with internal and external customers
- Understanding of processes: ECRs, Concessions,…
- Understanding of stress principles
- Awareness of A/C industry standards, regulations and qualification requirements
- Good English verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work to tight, demanding deadlines and customer demands
- Ability to work effectively within an integrated project team
Specificity of the job
Willing to relocate near site or to commute.
Locate your future workplace
Cheltenham Road East GL2 9QH
Wales United Kingdom