SAFRAN SEATS IS A WORLD LEADER IN AIRCRAFT SEATING.
For more than 80 years, Safran Seats has been a premium manufacturer of First and Business Class seating systems for passenger airlines.
With the largest seats portfolio of all seats suppliers, we pride ourselves on innovation, customization, quality and industrial design.
Safran Seats GB, based in Cwmbran, South Wales is a 100% owned subsidiary of Safran Seats and we currently have 800+ employees (across 3 sites in the UK- Cwmbran, Newport and Brackley).
Seats GB offers:
• Unique and High-end Quality products
• Market leader in Bespoke aircraft seating
• Passenger Experience Expertise
• In-house design studio and group Synergies
• Dedicated production line and Industrialisation facilities
• Bespoke capabilities
• Co-creation abilities
The role of the Systems Engineer is to manage product requirements, specifications & their compliance throughout the product development cycle using validation & verification processes.
Key Responsibilities & Duties;
• To manage the requirements on engineering projects, ensuring they are fully documented and traceable in line with the Requirements Management Plan.
• Capture & validate all stakeholder requirements - both internal and external.
• Review Requirements with Subject Matter Experts and Test Engineers
• Work closely with the whole engineering project team to ensure the validation & verification activities are completed on time to support the Master Engineering Reviews
• Develop the product verification strategy and ensure agreement with all stakeholders
• Provide status reports for requirements capture, compliance status, validation and verification.
• Create and maintain product specification documents for internal and customer approval.
• Liaise with Engineering Design / DMU configurator to maintain product configuration.
• Capture and manage the Interfaces / Definition Control Models (DCM) as necessary to define the required requirements traceability.
• Support the Engineering change process, and Engineering proposals in response to MCP requests received during an NPI project.
Do you want to join our team?
Our employees are at the heart of our success; we offer a range of competitive benefits, career progression and training opportunities helping to ensure we build the future.
At Safran Seats GB, we continue to support our employees and their contribution by providing a range of benefits.
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays
• Working Hours (unless specified) are 37.5 hours per week; Mon-Thurs (8am-4:30pm), Friday (8am-1:30pm)
• ‘On Board Benefits' Programme, providing a number of schemes such as cycle to work, technology savings, retail discounts and access to private healthcare
• Fulfilling your potential with Career Progressions opportunities such as company sponsorship and further training courses
• Family friendly policies including maternity, paternity, adoptive parents, shared parental leave, parental leave and flexible working
• Equality & Diversity initiatives with internal groups for workplace engagement and involvement
• STEM engagement with schools, colleges and universities and Charitable activities for all
• Free parking onsite
• With a focus on employee health and wellbeing, we have a large, canteen/break area with indoor and outdoor seating, bicycle storage and shower/changing facilities.
A minimum of 2 years of experience in an engineering development project team within Design, Stress, Manufacturing or Certification Engineering;
Team collaboration – ability to work effectively and efficiently in a collaborative project team environment;
Problem Solving – ability to utilise robust problem solving methods to address problems in a systematic way;
Communication – ability to effectively and efficiently communicate within a project team environment.
Specificity of the job
Locate your future workplace
Kestrel House, Lakeside, Llantarnam NP44 3HQ
England United Kingdom
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 76,800 employees and sales of 15,3 billion euros in 2021 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and innovation roadmap.
Safran was ranked as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes magazine in 2021.
Safran Seats is a world leader in aircraft passenger and crew seats. One million seats made by the company are now in service worldwide.
- © Safran