SAFRAN SEATS IS A WORLD LEADER IN AIRCRAFT SEATING.
For more than 80 years, Safran Seats has been a premium manufacturer of First and Business Class seating systems for passenger airlines. With the largest seats portfolio of all seats suppliers, we pride ourselves on innovation, customization, quality and industrial design.
Safran Seats GB, based in Cwmbran, South Wales is a 100% owned subsidiary of Safran Seats and we currently have 800+ employees (across 3 sites in the UK- Cwmbran, Newport and Brackley).
Seats GB offers:
• Unique and High-end Quality products
• Market leader in Bespoke aircraft seating
• Passenger Experience Expertise
• In-house design studio and group Synergies
• Dedicated production line and Industrialisation facilities
• Bespoke capabilities
• Co-creation abilities
This role has responsibility for the delivery of the Global Supply Chain transformation initiative SCOUT within the Safran Seats GB supply chain framework. The key focus will be the project management of the various workstreams across Demand Management, Sales and Operations Planning, MPS, Production Scheduling and Logistics.
In addition, the incumbent will oversee a number of local improvement initiatives from concept to delivery across processes, systems and people.
This role will be leading and coaching the staff in driving an effective improvement journey.
Key Responsibilities & Duties;
• Lead the delivery of the SCOUT project business improvements through the deployment of the OneSafran processes and performance metrics
• Coordinate with the Global Supply Chain organisation to ensure local understanding of the industrial core model and the associated maturity grid.
• Work with the business managers to undertake continual analysis of the business to expose opportunities for change and improvement
• Analyse and monitor financial and customer benefits throughout the life of the projects
• Lead, coordinate and own business projects that improve the way the Supply Chain organisation operates across its 3 key pillars:
• Process: Analyse the flow of materials across the SGB sites, support the future warehousing strategy setup and review the appropriate application of internal controls
• System: Support functional changes ahead of a new MRP system implementation and ensure the increased utilisation of existing or new analytics solutions.
• People: Champion the implementation of a skills assessment across all SC workstreams and support the business managers in reviewing the organisational fit and training requirements
• Business Process Owner for all Seats GB supply chain processes and as such oversight of departmental adherence and progress on action plans
• Champion and share the use of best practice methods for improvements across the business and provide evidence of real change implementation
• Able to lead teams in analysing data and determining the key activities that will reduce the defects or increase flow.
• Communicate the progress to both internal and external customers and influence the leadership team to ensure support to drive work streams to closure.
• Accountable for the governance of the improvement projects and activities in specified areas.
Supply Chain Management working experience in at least two disciplines;
Project Management experience, ideally Prince2 or equivalent qualification;
Change Management Skills.
Do you want to join our team?
Our employees are at the heart of our success; we offer a range of competitive benefits, career progression and training opportunities helping to ensure we build the future.
At Safran Seats GB, we continue to support our employees and their contribution by providing a range of benefits.
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays
• Working Hours (unless specified) are 37.5 hours per week; Mon-Thurs (8am-4:30pm), Friday (8am-1:30pm)
• ‘On Board Benefits' Programme, providing a number of schemes such as cycle to work, technology savings, retail discounts and access to private healthcare
• Fulfilling your potential with Career Progressions opportunities such as company sponsorship and further training courses
• Family friendly policies including maternity, paternity, adoptive parents, shared parental leave, parental leave and flexible working
• Equality & Diversity initiatives with internal groups for workplace engagement and involvement
• STEM engagement with schools, colleges and universities and Charitable activities for all
• Free parking onsite
• With a focus on employee health and wellbeing, we have a large, canteen/break area with indoor and outdoor seating, bicycle storage and shower/changing facilities.
Specificity of the job
Occasional travel requirements, UK and international.
Locate your future workplace
Kestrel House, Lakeside, Llantarnam NP44 3HQ
England United Kingdom
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 76,800 employees and sales of 15,3 billion euros in 2021 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and innovation roadmap.
Safran was ranked as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes magazine in 2021.
Safran Seats is a world leader in aircraft passenger and crew seats. One million seats made by the company are now in service worldwide.
- © Safran