SAFRAN SEATS IS A WORLD LEADER IN AIRCRAFT SEATING.
For more than 80 years, Safran Seats has been a premium manufacturer of First and Business Class seating systems for passenger airlines.
With the largest seats portfolio of all seats suppliers, we pride ourselves on innovation, customization, quality and industrial design.
Safran Seats GB, based in Cwmbran, South Wales is a 100% owned subsidiary of Safran Seats and we currently have 800+ employees (across 3 sites in the UK- Cwmbran, Newport and Brackley).
Seats GB offers:
• Unique and High-end Quality products
• Market leader in Bespoke aircraft seating
• Passenger Experience Expertise
• In-house design studio and group Synergies
• Dedicated production line and Industrialisation facilities
• Bespoke capabilities
• Co-creation abilities
In-Service Solution Design Engineer
Working as part of the growing aftermarket engineering team to investigate and design solutions for customer technical enquiries and to ensure that all issues are closed efficiently and effectively. In this job role, proactively supporting the customer is the primary function to ensure that the engineering service levels provided maintains customer satisfaction for the entire SSGB portfolio.
• Design, modelling and drafting of a variety of modified suite components in order to meet the ISI (in service issues) customer and business requirements.
• Identify product improvements and service offerings that enhance customer satisfaction and business margins.
• Minimise impact of product failure to our customers.
• Minimise warranty & rework costs.
• Provide a daily technical query/answer support service to our customers (if required).
• Act as prime technical point of contact with our aftermarket customers.
• Support the customers in service operations, maintain regular communications and resolve all customer concerns within planned timescales.
• Log, investigate and coordinate root cause analysis reviews to understand cause of in service failures.
• Participate in design reviews of new product development, to ensure lessons learned are applied to new designs to reduce ISI's.
• Provide engineering support to the Part 145 Facility
• Conduct drawing changes to reflect new material with regards to obsolescence
Experienced user of Catia V5
Experienced user of Catia V4
Mechanical or Electrical Engineering qualification
Ability to solve technical engineering issues ‘on' and ‘off' site
Good understanding of manufacturing processes, techniques and design for manufacture and assembly
Full UK driving licence and valid passport essential as travel will be required
Ability and flexibility to travel nationally and internationally (when required)
Working knowledge of SSGB seating products
Experience of Engineering data requirements
Understanding and awareness of aircraft interior certification
User of Baan
Good working knowledge of BMS documents ECR's, Permits, Concessions
Do you want to join our team?
Our employees are at the heart of our success; we offer a range of competitive benefits, career progression and training opportunities helping to ensure we build the future.
At Safran Seats GB, we continue to support our employees and their contribution by providing a range of benefits.
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays
• Working Hours (unless specified) are 37.5 hours per week; Mon-Thurs (8am-4:30pm), Friday (8am-1:30pm)
• ‘On Board Benefits' Programme, providing a number of schemes such as cycle to work, technology savings, retail discounts and access to private healthcare
• Fulfilling your potential with Career Progressions opportunities such as company sponsorship and further training courses
• Family friendly policies including maternity, paternity, adoptive parents, shared parental leave, parental leave and flexible working
• Equality & Diversity initiatives with internal groups for workplace engagement and involvement
• STEM engagement with schools, colleges and universities and Charitable activities for all
• Free parking onsite
• With a focus on employee health and wellbeing, we have a large, canteen/break area with indoor and outdoor seating, bicycle storage and shower/changing facilities.
Specificity of the job
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 76,800 employees and sales of 15,3 billion euros in 2021 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and innovation roadmap.
Safran was ranked as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes magazine in 2021.
Safran Seats is a world leader in aircraft passenger and crew seats. One million seats made by the company are now in service worldwide.
- © Safran