SAFRAN SEATS IS A WORLD LEADER IN AIRCRAFT SEATING.
For more than 80 years, Safran Seats has been a premium manufacturer of First and Business Class seating systems for passenger airlines.
With the largest seats portfolio of all seats suppliers, we pride ourselves on innovation, customization, quality and industrial design.
Safran Seats GB, based in Cwmbran, South Wales is a 100% owned subsidiary of Safran Seats and we currently have 800+ employees (across 3 sites in the UK- Cwmbran, Newport and Brackley).
Seats GB offers:
• Unique and High-end Quality products
• Market leader in Bespoke aircraft seating
• Passenger Experience Expertise
• In-house design studio and group Synergies
• Dedicated production line and Industrialisation facilities
• Bespoke capabilities
• Co-creation abilities
The Senior Electrical Design Engineer works as part of the Electrical Design Department. Responsible for the management of teams producing electrical installation models and detail drawings for new product and platform designs. Also responsible for the checking and approval of all electrical design work to meet company, regulatory and customer requirements.
Key Responsibilities & Duties;
• Manage electrical engineering platform teams.
• Ensure standards and performances are achieved by the design team
• Supervise and co-ordinate design activities.
• Responsible for the management and control of daily attendance and holidays for your engineering team including absence management.
• Assisting in recruitment of team members as and when required
• Carry out professional development reviews and ensure any KPI set for the year are achieved
• Manage and deliver electrical systems programmes as per agreed schedules and budgets, Responsible for the Electrical submittals.
• Coordinate with regulatory agencies i.e., EASA, FAA, Boeing and Airbus to certify the electrical systems installed in their aircraft.
• Responsible for checking / approving systems drawings and documents ensuring compliance to OEM's & Regulatory requirements.
• Responsible for producing/updating electrical standard and process documentation
• Liaise with electrical equipment manufacturers to finalise the equipment and their installation specification of the equipment
• Report to senior management about the status of the programmes.
• To communicate effectively and professionally with customers, suppliers & OEM's
• Participate in Design Reviews throughout each phase of the New Product Introduction process
• The selection and application of materials and processes appropriate to each design element
• Ensure the successful integration of each design element within the product as a whole
• Follow and contribute to the development of the Best Practice guidelines
• From time to time, must be prepared to undertake tasks outside of their normal duties as requested by their immediate supervisors
Ideally qualified to a minimum of a degree in an Electrical Engineering field. Alternatively, a HNC / HND or an equivalent qualification as part of an Electrical Apprenticeship
Experience using 3D CAD & AutoCAD electrical software packages or equivalent
The applicant should have an understanding of the effective application of tolerances and a working knowledge of manufacturing processes, as well as OEM installation requirements.
Ability to read design drawings and specifications
Good communicator liaising with customers/airframers/suppliers and integrated programme team on a daily basis.
Do you want to join our team?
Our employees are at the heart of our success; we offer a range of competitive benefits, career progression and training opportunities helping to ensure we build the future.
At Safran Seats GB, we continue to support our employees and their contribution by providing a range of benefits.
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays
• Working Hours (unless specified) are 37.5 hours per week; Mon-Thurs (8am-4:30pm), Friday (8am-1:30pm)
• ‘On Board Benefits' Programme, providing a number of schemes such as cycle to work, technology savings, retail discounts and access to private healthcare
• Fulfilling your potential with Career Progressions opportunities such as company sponsorship and further training courses
• Family friendly policies including maternity, paternity, adoptive parents, shared parental leave, parental leave and flexible working
• Equality & Diversity initiatives with internal groups for workplace engagement and involvement
• STEM engagement with schools, colleges and universities and Charitable activities for all
• Free parking onsite
• With a focus on employee health and wellbeing, we have a large, canteen/break area with indoor and outdoor seating, bicycle storage and shower/changing facilities.
Specificity of the job
There is no regular travel required with this role
Locate your future workplace
Kestrel House, Lakeside, Llantarnam NP44 3HQ
England United Kingdom