SAFRAN SEATS IS A WORLD LEADER IN AIRCRAFT SEATING.
For more than 80 years, Safran Seats has been a premium manufacturer of First and Business Class seating systems for passenger airlines.
With the largest seats portfolio of all seats suppliers, we pride ourselves on innovation, customization, quality and industrial design.
Safran Seats GB, based in Cwmbran, South Wales is a 100% owned subsidiary of Safran Seats and we currently have 800+ employees (across 3 sites in the UK- Cwmbran, Newport and Brackley).
Seats GB offers:
• Unique and High-end Quality products
• Market leader in Bespoke aircraft seating
• Passenger Experience Expertise
• In-house design studio and group Synergies
• Dedicated production line and Industrialisation facilities
• Bespoke capabilities
• Co-creation abilities
The purpose of this role is to assure the quality of products, throughout the product lifecycle with Safran Seats GB. As a Quality Technician, you will support the product lifecycle quality assurance, through the complete manufacturing process, and take responsibility for ensuring that processes and procedures are in place and adhered to in relation to product quality.
Depending on the team you join here at Safran, a Quality Technician will support assembly and Manufacturing, Dimensioning, Audit and Compliance, end of line inspection and release and supplier quality inspection. The skills matrix underpinning this role gives opportunity for you to cross-skill, develop new skills and to support the full quality assurance process.
Key Responsibilities & Duties;
Protect customers from non-quality, by ensuring that products and practices comply with regulations, customer requirements and Safran standards and promoting a culture of prevention and anticipation
Drive continuous improvement, by capitalising on factual data and feedback and providing the necessary support for all company functions
Undertake other reasonable duties, in line with business needs and objectives, which are consistent and commensurate with the overall purpose of the position
Work to a standard inspection process in a consistent manner in line with specifications and standards agreed with the customer
Ability to use Verniers, micrometers and FARO arm to perform inspection activities.
Support and assist with customer inspection activities
Assist as a team member in problem-solving activities for manufacturing product quality issues and measures (Using 8D Techniques)
Apprenticeship level or equivalent in an Engineering discipline
Sound engineering / quality background, with experience of Quality inspection within a manufacturing / engineering industry
Excellent problem solving skills
Competent / Confident communicator
Good knowledge of measuring equipment
Good understanding of engineering drawings
This role requires the job holder to work flexibly by supporting other areas of the business as and when required
Do you want to join our team?
Our employees are at the heart of our success; we offer a range of competitive benefits, career progression and training opportunities helping to ensure we build the future.
At Safran Seats GB, we continue to support our employees and their contribution by providing a range of benefits.
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays
• Working Hours (unless specified) are 37.5 hours per week; Mon-Thurs (8am-4:30pm), Friday (8am-1:30pm)
• ‘On Board Benefits' Programme, providing a number of schemes such as cycle to work, technology savings, retail discounts and access to private healthcare
• Fulfilling your potential with Career Progressions opportunities such as company sponsorship and further training courses
• Family friendly policies including maternity, paternity, adoptive parents, shared parental leave, parental leave and flexible working
• Equality & Diversity initiatives with internal groups for workplace engagement and involvement
• STEM engagement with schools, colleges and universities and Charitable activities for all
• Free parking onsite
• With a focus on employee health and wellbeing, we have a large, canteen/break area with indoor and outdoor seating, bicycle storage and shower/changing facilities.
Specificity of the job
There is no regular travel required with this role
Locate your future workplace
Llantarnam Industrial Park, Llantarnam NP44 3HQ
Wales United Kingdom