SAFRAN SEATS IS A WORLD LEADER IN AIRCRAFT SEATING.
For more than 80 years, Safran Seats has been a premium manufacturer of First and Business Class seating systems for passenger airlines.
With the largest seats portfolio of all seats suppliers, we pride ourselves on innovation, customization, quality and industrial design.
Safran Seats GB, based in Cwmbran, South Wales is a 100% owned subsidiary of Safran Seats and we currently have 800+ employees (across 3 sites in the UK- Cwmbran, Newport and Brackley).
Seats GB offers:
• Unique and High-end Quality products
• Market leader in Bespoke aircraft seating
• Passenger Experience Expertise
• In-house design studio and group Synergies
• Dedicated production line and Industrialisation facilities
• Bespoke capabilities
• Co-creation abilities
To support the implementation of all aspects of quality assurance in development and sustaining phases of programs.
Internally assuring the concept design and design for manufacture phases and activities are being carried out effectively and supporting IPTs as necessary to ensure the required deliverables are completed on time and to the required levels. (supporting D/PFMEA, DFM reviews, Key Characteristic and Control Plan definition etc)
Externally, working with the customer to ensure the design and development programme is achieving the customer's desired specification and quality standard. Further, that the suppliers selected are appropriate and taking the necessary steps to ensure compliant parts are produced and manufacturing control plans, key characteristics and PPAP / FAI are in place
Possesses a wide-ranging knowledge and experience of quality assurance within complex engineering programmes
a) Support contact for customers on quality aspects and assist/support the Program Manager
on these points;
b) Validate customer quality requirements during RFP phase;
c) Ensure that all customer needs and requirements are taken into account (customer satisfaction);
d) Support the establishment of Quality Assurance Plans and related procedures, obtain acceptance from customers, and maintain the plans;
e) Participate in defining the Program Management Plan (PMP) with the Program Manager
Support and assist the Program Manager to ensure and monitor its effective implementation and
f) Monitor non-conformities analysis and relevant action plan, and communicate to customers on
quality events of programs (quality escape, concessions ..) and reduce them;
g) Support IPTs to ensure the proactive quality assurance activities such as APQP, DFM, D/PFMEA are being driven and governed effectively at the early phases of the programme.
h) Work with the Procurement organisation to validate the choice of suppliers and ensure the appropriate data is being provided to suppliers to enable them to be successful as well as validating quality assurance plans and processes for each supplier.
HNC/HND or equivalent in an Engineering / Manufacturing related discipline.
D/PFMEA & Control Plans; experience and full detail understanding and execution
APQP / PPAP
Programme Management Gate Process Understanding & exposure
Do you want to join our team?
Our employees are at the heart of our success; we offer a range of competitive benefits, career progression and training opportunities helping to ensure we build the future.
At Safran Seats GB, we continue to support our employees and their contribution by providing a range of benefits.
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays
• Working Hours (unless specified) are 37.5 hours per week; Mon-Thurs (8am-4:30pm), Friday (8am-1:30pm)
• ‘On Board Benefits' Programme, providing a number of schemes such as cycle to work, technology savings, retail discounts and access to private healthcare
• Fulfilling your potential with Career Progressions opportunities such as company sponsorship and further training courses
• Family friendly policies including maternity, paternity, adoptive parents, shared parental leave, parental leave and flexible working
• Equality & Diversity initiatives with internal groups for workplace engagement and involvement
• STEM engagement with schools, colleges and universities and Charitable activities for all
• Free parking onsite
• With a focus on employee health and wellbeing, we have a large, canteen/break area with indoor and outdoor seating, bicycle storage and shower/changing facilities.
Specificity of the job
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 76,800 employees and sales of 15,3 billion euros in 2021 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and innovation roadmap.
Safran was ranked as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes magazine in 2021.
Safran Seats is a world leader in aircraft passenger and crew seats. One million seats made by the company are now in service worldwide.
- © Safran