Safran Seats is a world leader in aircraft passenger and crew seats, with over one million seats made and in service worldwide. We partner with airlines, and commercial plane and helicopter manufacturers to bring customers innovative, high added-value solutions to support them in their business.
We are recruiting for a Head of Regulatory Compliance and Business Systems to join our local team. In this pivotal role, the right candidate will be a leader of the Quality Compliance team, developing the audit team across multiple sites. The key focus will be taking the lead in driving “end to end” quality from Design, Production and the Repair/Overhaul domains. This includes full oversight and management of Business Management System projects from Safran Group and be the interface for Safety Management System (SMS) requirements within the Design Organisation.
What will I be doing?
• Undertaking ownership of the Safran Seats Business Management System, you will be working with all sites to create a common system which meets the requirements of AS9100, EASA/CAA Part 21G, 21J and EASA & CAA 145 (including FAA &TCCA), in addition to customer specific requirements;
• Partner with current CAA/EASA UK leadership to create appropriately resourced business units
• Continually monitor and upgrade the Business Management System tool as business needs demand
• Manage and deploy with support from the wider business the Safety Management System requirements for Part 21 and Part 145
• Create and adopt Business Management System changes that impact Safran Seats in relation to continued airworthiness
• Manage safety objectives in line with Safran Business Management System requirements
• Develop and implement full Human Factors training programme across business
• Develop and maintain an Audit programme covering systems and processes
• Apply new changes based on business risks – (identify, assess and reduce)
• Own and lead key transformational projects critical to the success of quality
• You will be educated to Degree level or equivalent work experience within an Engineering / Manufacturing related discipline
• Lean / 6 Sigma knowledge and general improvement tools
• In-depth knowledge of Aerospace Regulations eg EASA, FAA, AS9100 etc
• Risk Analysis experience
• Preferred AS9100 Lead Assessor, EASA Part 21/145, FAA 145 auditor
• Experience of dealing with regulatory authorities
• Problem solving skills (including 8D, 5 whys)
Our UK operation specialises in the First and Business class seating markets for wide body aircraft, through our key industrial and engineering sites in Cwmbran, Newport, and Brackley. We offer end to end solutions from business development and product co-creation with customers, through design, engineering, industrialisation, manufacturing and in-service support.
Our employees are at the heart of our success, as we work together for our sustainable future.
There are four People Fundamentals that underpin life at Safran:
• We believe in and promote diversity and inclusion as key values across our business
• We develop our colleagues skills and build opportunities so you can shape our future
• We create a trustworthy work place to support you, as you dare to act and innovate
• We encourage collaboration and mutual support for you and your colleagues
As a valued member of our team, these are just a few of the benefits you'll receive:
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays
• Working Hours (unless specified) are 37.5 hours per week; Mon-Thurs (8am-4:30pm), Friday (8am-1:30pm)
• Benefits Programme, with a number of schemes such as cycle to work, technology savings, retail discounts and access to private healthcare
• Career Progressions opportunities such as company sponsorship and further training courses
• Family friendly policies including maternity, paternity, adoptive parents, shared parental leave, parental leave and flexible working
• STEM engagement with schools, colleges and universities and Charitable activities for all
What's my next step?
If this role is of interest, please apply today! This post is open now with a view to appoint as soon as we can. This is an exciting time to join Safran Seats – with lots of new programmes underway, you would be joining the business and management team at a crucial time, with the opportunity to contribute to the future and how this looks.
We want Safran Seats to be a workplace where everyone feels valued, can be themselves and know they can reach their full potential. We embrace and celebrate our differences through various initiatives and support colleagues through a number of staff
We are committed to building a strong, diverse workforce and making Safran Seats an inclusive place.
Specificity of the job
Travel may be required but rarely (UK / International)
Locate your future workplace
Kestrel House, Lakeside, Llantarnam NP44 3HQ
Wales United Kingdom