SAFRAN SEATS IS A WORLD LEADER IN AIRCRAFT SEATING.
For more than 80 years, Safran Seats has been a premium manufacturer of First and Business Class seating systems for passenger airlines. With the largest seats portfolio of all seats suppliers, we pride ourselves on innovation, customization, quality and industrial design.
Safran Seats GB, based in Cwmbran, South Wales is a 100% owned subsidiary of Safran Seats and we currently have 800+ employees (across 3 sites in the UK- Cwmbran, Newport and Brackley).
Seats GB offers:
• Unique and High-end Quality products
• Market leader in Bespoke aircraft seating
• Passenger Experience Expertise
• In-house design studio and group Synergies
• Dedicated production line and Industrialisation facilities
• Bespoke capabilities
• Co-creation abilities
The purpose of this role is to identify, research and pursue new products and technologies for exploitation. The position is focussed on material and process subjects with a focus on developing polymer additive manufacturing (AM) technologies for interior and aftermarket applications. The candidate shall have knowledge of current AM technologies and its application. A background in materials engineering and/or understanding of testing for qualification of materials would be beneficial. The position welcomes applicants with all levels of industrial experience.
Key Responsibilities & Duties;
• Understand and facilitate Time Cost and Quality in the Product Development and/or R&T Lifecycle.
• Actively engage and develop in Project Governance and Methods and Tools to complete the project to the contractual and customer requirements.
• Manage stakeholders from multiple Engineering and non-Engineering disciplines to enable a successful project.
• Be able to manage change and requirements of product development.
• Comfortable with project management methods and tools to provide regular updates on progress and support needed to the Engineering management.
• Analyse and prioritise data and actions according to business needs.
• Contribute to contract, funding and commercial negotiations
• Supports the product engineering with the handover of technology and transition to the manufacturing process.
• Perform peer reviews of data, analysis and reports for other team members.
• Ensure product development is compliant to aircraft certification requirements utilising the expertise of the team
Industrial experience in product development, production engineering or research & development field within engineering.
Experience of project management, methods and tools
Experience of planning and influencing project results
Self-reliant, hardworking, pro-active, motivated and an achiever
Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing using the English language including verbal, and written presentations
Able to establish good working relationships across departments and with customers
Qualified with an accredited Degree or equivalent level in Electronic Engineering, Computer Science Manufacturing, Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical engineering or Materials Science field,
Knowledge in the design of software, electrical and electronic systems or composite, plastic, and additive manufactured components. Has academic and hands on experience of product/process/materials development within their respective field
Demonstrate strong communication skills including verbal, written and formal presentations
Have strong analytical and problem solving skills with a pragmatic hands on approach, including the use of appropriate data handling software
Good working knowledge of Microsoft applications (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Project, Access).
Full UK driving license and valid passport essential as travel may be required
Specificity of the job
Some UK and international travel is to be anticipated, visiting Group companies, and suppliers (approx. 10% of role)
Locate your future workplace
Kestrel House, Lakeside, Llantarnam NP44 3HQ
Wales United Kingdom