SAFRAN SEATS IS A WORLD LEADER IN AIRCRAFT SEATING.
For more than 80 years, Safran Seats has been a premium manufacturer of First and Business Class seating systems for passenger airlines.
With the largest seats portfolio of all seats suppliers, we pride ourselves on innovation, customization, quality and industrial design.
Safran Seats GB, based in Cwmbran, South Wales is a 100% owned subsidiary of Safran Seats and we currently have 800+ employees (across 3 sites in the UK- Cwmbran, Newport and Brackley).
Seats GB offers:
• Unique and High-end Quality products
• Market leader in Bespoke aircraft seating
• Passenger Experience Expertise
• In-house design studio and group Synergies
• Dedicated production line and Industrialisation facilities
• Bespoke capabilities
• Co-creation abilities
The purpose of the Project Chief Engineer is to manage technical delivery of Engineering Projects.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities;
Responsible for multiple projects, leading the project engineering team to both, achieve and also demonstrate, compliance with the technical objectives of the project.
Lead and manage of a team of Engineering Project Leads
Work closely with the heads of other engineering functions to:
Use a systems approach to ensure capture all project related requirements
Carry out validation and verification to ensure all requirements are addressed in the final product
Manage product development in line with the Business strategy.
Generate and maintain Engineering RFQ data to support the Bid process.
Resource management for Engineering team
Manage product requirements
Responsible for the technical excellence of the project.
Generate and maintain customer Product Specifications.
Support the Head of Engineering Projects in:
The introduction and maintenance of robust processes to ensure successful product delivery -
Quality, Cost and Delivery.
Standardisation of EPL tools across all Projects within the business.
Technical Risk management – Identifies technical failings and wrong doings before they happen and develop mitigation strategies and activities to avoid any adverse impact on the project.
Drives ‘lessons learnt' across Business Unit to ensure known issues are not carried across projects.
Support problem solving initiatives across the business.
Works closely with the program manager to leverage financial value from any engineering based opportunities – such as scope change and technical advantage.
Educated to Degree level in Engineering as a minimum
Experienced within project management, delivering programmes and aware of project life cycle
Management experience is necessary as you will be mentoring a team of Engineering Project Leads in this role.
Do you want to join our team?
Our employees are at the heart of our success; we offer a range of competitive benefits, career progression and training opportunities helping to ensure we build the future.
At Safran Seats GB, we continue to support our employees and their contribution by providing a range of benefits.
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays
• Working Hours (unless specified) are 37.5 hours per week; Mon-Thurs (8am-4:30pm), Friday (8am-1:30pm)
• ‘On Board Benefits' Programme, providing a number of schemes such as cycle to work, technology savings, retail discounts and access to private healthcare
• Fulfilling your potential with Career Progressions opportunities such as company sponsorship and further training courses
• Family friendly policies including maternity, paternity, adoptive parents, shared parental leave, parental leave and flexible working
• Equality & Diversity initiatives with internal groups for workplace engagement and involvement
• STEM engagement with schools, colleges and universities and Charitable activities for all
• Free parking onsite
• With a focus on employee health and wellbeing, we have a large, canteen/break area with indoor and outdoor seating, bicycle storage and shower/changing facilities.
Specificity of the job
UK and international travel is required for this role at times
Locate your future workplace
Kestrel House, Lakeside, Llantarnam NP44 3HQ
Wales United Kingdom