SAFRAN SEATS IS A WORLD LEADER IN AIRCRAFT SEATING.
For more than 80 years, Safran Seats has been a premium manufacturer of First and Business Class seating systems for passenger airlines. With the largest seats portfolio of all seats suppliers, we pride ourselves on innovation, customization, quality and industrial design.
Safran Seats GB, based in Cwmbran, South Wales is a 100% owned subsidiary of Safran Seats and we currently have 800+ employees (across 3 sites in the UK- Cwmbran, Newport and Brackley).
Seats GB offers:
• Unique and High-end Quality products
• Market leader in Bespoke aircraft seating
• Passenger Experience Expertise
• In-house design studio and group Synergies
• Dedicated production line and Industrialisation facilities
• Bespoke capabilities
• Co-creation abilities
The Programme Manager is responsible for ensuring compliance with objectives set by company management and contractual commitments made to the customer.
As such, the programme manager is the owner of the business plan and has financial authority for the programme, in accordance with the associated delegations of responsibility.
When the Programme Manager is assigned to a Product Line they will own the Product Line business plan, define and execute the Product Line roadmap including support to Programmes and next generation preparation and prepare the bid.
Scope of Responsibilities;
• Establishes the framework and conditions for the smooth execution of the programme / Product Line
• Passes on the programme objectives to the company's functional departments, within their delegated scope of responsibility
• Is responsible for leading the integrated programme team
• Manages all aspects of the Programme / Product Line, including performance, cost, quality and lead-time aspects
• Ensures that information shared with the customer (internal and external) is consistent
Key Responsibilities & Duties;
Set up and manage the integrated programme team
• Ensure effective information sharing and team unity around a set of common objectives
• In conjunction with the head of each function, define and evaluate the objectives for each member of the integrated program team, within their area of responsibility
• Approve the key deliverables submitted by other members of the integrated program team
Manage the Program / Product Line
• Implement and coordinate the program management plan
• Consolidate the various schedules and keep the overall program calendar updated
• Make the necessary decisions to ensure that the program / product line objectives are met
• Plan the internal program / product line tollgates and ensure that they are met
• Manage changes affecting the program or product
• Consolidate and update the progress indicators and report to the executive committee of the company
• Monitor the decisions made by the program team and the associated action plans
Liaise with the customer
• Make the decisions needed to ensure customer satisfaction and compliance with contractual commitments
• Verify and pass on the customer's specifications and manage any changes to them
• Prepare for formal reviews with the customer, according to the contract, and ensure that deliverables are compliant
When the Programme Manager is assigned to a Product Line, they will :
• Propose the initial product line performance trade off to Product stakeholders & to marketing
• Define and Execute the Product Line roadmap including support to Programs and next generation preparation
• Develop the core product and the invariant modules and managing the resulting assets (including mock up)
• Own the Product Line Business Plan
• Run the NoE process (Airbus) / engage with the Early Engagement Team (Boeing)
• Run the RC securisation / reduction project
• Manage the transfers when related to the Product Line profitability or strategic decision.
• Prepare the Bid
• Chair the Product Line CCB as per board delegation authority
Manage program risks
• Consolidate the various risk mitigation plans, guarantee the reliability and accuracy of management data and ensure that risks are duly managed
• Act as point of contact for company's risk manager for the program / Product Line
To achieve these objectives, the Programme Manager complies with PROMPT and the Product Line Management Process
Ability to develop the strategy for a programme utilising the organisation processes and reference systems;
Proficiency in financial management and project management;
Ability to listen to customers, provide support and ensure their satisfaction (strong sense of customer culture);
Proficiency in the legal and contractual aspects of programme execution;
Ability to organize and plan projects, including complex collaborative projects with partners;
Ability to develop the strategy for a Product Line utilising the Sales and Marketing intelligence to guarantee product performance;
Ability to listen to Internal Customer (Sales and Marketing) for Product Line, provide support to Customer Program IPT for product variant development (strong sense of customer culture);
Ability to lead and coordinate a multidisciplinary and cross-functional team;
Ability to negotiate and influence others;
Ability to identify and analyse risks;
Effective communication skills with the ability to present information to internal and external stakeholders at the highest level;
Ability to create and maintain an internal network inside SSGB and its intercompany partners to support their programme.
Do you want to join our team?
Our employees are at the heart of our success; we offer a range of competitive benefits, career progression and training opportunities helping to ensure we build the future.
At Safran Seats GB, we continue to support our employees and their contribution by providing a range of benefits.
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays
• Working Hours (unless specified) are 37.5 hours per week; Mon-Thurs (8am-4:30pm), Friday (8am-1:30pm)
• ‘On Board Benefits' Programme, providing a number of schemes such as cycle to work, technology savings, retail discounts and access to private healthcare
• Fulfilling your potential with Career Progressions opportunities such as company sponsorship and further training courses
• Family friendly policies including maternity, paternity, adoptive parents, shared parental leave, parental leave and flexible working
• Equality & Diversity initiatives with internal groups for workplace engagement and involvement
• STEM engagement with schools, colleges and universities and Charitable activities for all
• Free parking onsite
• With a focus on employee health and wellbeing, we have a large, canteen/break area with indoor and outdoor seating, bicycle storage and shower/changing facilities.
Specificity of the job
Locate your future workplace
Kestrel House, Lakeside, Llantarnam NP44 3HQ
England United Kingdom
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 76,800 employees and sales of 15,3 billion euros in 2021 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and innovation roadmap.
Safran was ranked as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes magazine in 2021.
Safran Seats is a world leader in aircraft passenger and crew seats. One million seats made by the company are now in service worldwide.
- © Safran